Anyone my age

This board is for adults and teens to discuss issues relating to BPI since birth (OBPI).
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Re: Anyone my age

Post by Carolyn J »

Amy, I do hope to hug you at Camp. How great of a time you will be having at college; we do have to make choices sometimes,huh?.Enjoy every day at university! I wish I could do that all over again!!
Hugs,
Carolyn J
Carolyn J
Adult LOBPI
hope16_05
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: 28 years old with a right obstetrical brachial plexus injury. 5 surgeries to date with pretty decent results. Last surgery resolved years of pain in my right arm however, I am beginning my journey with overuse in my left arm

Post by hope16_05 »

Carolyn,
I really hope to be hugging you at camp as well but my choice also depends on the money factor and what kind of job I can get this summer.

For now I am sending virtual hugs,
Amy
Amy 28 years old ROBPI from MN
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

I am the mother of an 18 year daughter who has had a bpi from birth. She played soccer and softball throughout her school years. She is presently playing softball on the college level. She is a pitcher for Plattsburgh State University in New York and has had a lot of success this season. I am going to tell her to contact you.

Wendy:)
hope16_05
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: 28 years old with a right obstetrical brachial plexus injury. 5 surgeries to date with pretty decent results. Last surgery resolved years of pain in my right arm however, I am beginning my journey with overuse in my left arm

Post by hope16_05 »

Wendy, I envy the fact that your daughter is a pitcher! I always wanted to be a pitcher but I am scarred of the line drive back at me, because I catch and throw both with my left hand. She can email me if she wants to at hope16_05@hotmail.com I would love to chat sometime.
Amy
18 ROBPI from Minnesota
Amy 28 years old ROBPI from MN
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi I'm Miguel and I'm from France.I'm 13 years old I'm
in 6th grade and I'm the top of my class.My favourite sport is karate. Feel free to email me.
Sarah6

Post by Sarah6 »

Hey,

I'm a seventeen year old girl from Ireland with an Erbs Palsy. I try to play most sports although difficult - my favourites are kick-boxing and swimming!!! If you want to e-mail me you can.

Sarah
MonicaB

Post by MonicaB »

Hello everyone, I'm brand new here and have never even discovered a web site like this. I have OBPI in my right arm. I am 18 years old and from Alberta, Canada. Although my injury has made things tough, I did take dance for 11 years and found that it helped me tremendously. I have just recently started to research my injury and am amazed at just how many people have the same difficulties as me. I never knew all this info was out there!
Thanks a bunch!
Monica:)
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Post by Carolyn J »

Welcome Monica!!
You are really going to have fun reading all the Message Boards. Don't worry, I never found a name for what we have until I was 64 yrs old & that was a life changing event to say the least. I made a mistake of "over-loading" myself with information,so take it easy,ok...[I set my kitchen timer & took a break every so often.] There are some other Topic threads on this Adult Board. Have fun.
Speaking of fun,can you attend Camp 2005 in Washington DC in July? I hope to give you a hug in person.
Hugs~Carolyn J
Age,67 LOBPI(left sided Bracial Plexus Injury)
Carolyn J
Adult LOBPI
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi, My son James is 12 and has a right traumatic brachail plexus injury from an atv accident in 2003. I see most of you are birth injured. But I thought Id add him anyway. Theres not alot of traumatic injured kids here anyway. Nice reading all your replys.