New Roll Call

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
admin
Site Admin

Re: New Roll Call

Post by admin »

I'm Lauren Engle, mom to Brooke, 3 months old, LOBPI. We are from Illinois.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Hi, I'm Wayne, father of Ryan 5 yr old ROBPI, we live in San Diego, Ryan has had the nurolysis, mod quad, capsolodesis in TCH and will have the TT on May 12. I have learned a lot form this site, I only wish I would have found it sooner.
alyssasmommy

Post by alyssasmommy »

Hi,

I am Jody - mom to Alyssa - Left BPI from birth. We live in the San Fernando Valley, just outside of Los Angeles, CA. Alyssa will be 8 in September and we are scheduled for our 4th surgery - the Triangle Tilt on May 19th with Dr. Nath.

Jody G.
Sam/Adam

Post by Sam/Adam »

Hey I'm Adam. I dont know all the abbreiveations but i have a total left arm brachial plexus injury. Its about 2yrs old. I was a paramedic who liked to ride motorcycles. Now im a Engineering major who wishes he had never ridden a motorcycle.
BIGJAVSMOM

Post by BIGJAVSMOM »

HOW NEAT!!! I LOVE THIS SITE...
MY NAME IS MARLYN AND MY SON IS JAVIER. NICKNAME JODY.
BORN 5-10-04 RBPI. VERY SEVERE. NO MOVEMENT, UNTIL HE WAS OVER 6 MONTHS OLD. HAD SURGERY FOR NERVE REPAIR AND NERVE GRAFTS DONE ON FEBRUARY 14 AT MIAMI CHILDRENS' HOSPITAL. PERFORMED BY DR.SANJIV BHATIA.
BUT OTHER THAN THAT HE IS "FAT-FAT", AS HIS BIG BRO-BRO LIKES TO CALL HIM. MY EMAIL IS MARLYNDDJ@AOL.COM.
CONTACT ME- I LOVE TO GIVE AND RECIEVE NEW INFO.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

HI ADAM- YOU PROBABLY HAVE HEARD THIS AND ARE PROBABLY TIRED OF HEARING IT.
BUT YOU HAVE TO REMEMBER THAT OUR FATES ARE ALREADY WRITTEN AND EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON. MAYBE YOU WILL BE ONE GREAT ENGINEER AND INVENT SOMETHING TO HELP BPI OR PREVENT IT ALL TOGETHER. LIFE WOULD NOT GIVE US ANYTHING WE CAN'T HANDLE. TAKE CARE.
Mich

Post by Mich »

Hi I'm Michelle and I'm also fairly new. I'm mom to Holden and Brendan(ROBPI), he's now 6 and about 95% recovered. We live in Ontario, Canada.
JamieMarie'smommie

Post by JamieMarie'smommie »

Hi I'm Amanda mom to 6wk old Jamie Marie(38wks 10lbs)(born March 10, 2005) she was a nonmedicated vaginal birth. The doc had to use the vacum after 22hrs of labor and 4hrs of pushing. Jamie and I live in New Hampshire.
dpickett

Post by dpickett »

Hello everyone,
I am the proud Mom of Sam, almost 2 and Rebecca born Feb. 3 05 with RBPI. We live just outside of Milwaukee, WI. Rebecca is doing great, starting moving her arm April 18th and seems to improve everyday.
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Post by Carolyn J »

Hi all'
Just reminding...I am an adult LOBPI,soon to be 67[yikes!]and I've had next to none interventions.I just found out a name for this only in 2003. I am looking forward to hugging everyone at Camp in September.
Carolyn
PS... feel free to ask any questions.
Carolyn J
Adult LOBPI