Forceps, Vacuum, or Hands Survey

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
Lilmaem

Re: Forceps, Vacuum, or Hands Survey

Post by Lilmaem »

Vacuum, Hands, Traction & Fundal Pressure by 2 residents.
Savannahsmom

Post by Savannahsmom »

Hands, fundal pressure with nurse on top of my belly, and 3 nurses and dr. at the bottom pulling. Heather
Sema

Post by Sema »

forceps and episiotomy by OB and fundal pressure by a midwife on top of me.
tcon

Post by tcon »

hands
UK Mum

Post by UK Mum »

Hi Lisa

In short it was the midwives hands/arms on both occasions.

I just wanted to add that when pregnant with my 3rd baby at my initial booking in appointment with our GP(doctor) here in the UK we had a standard form including check boxes. One of the check boxes asked had we had a normal delivery or assisted delivery by forceps or ventouse.

There was no check box for "hands" or shoulder dystocia. I stated to my GP that my birth was assisted by "Midwifes hands". His own opinion of this was that it was therefore classed as a "normal" delivery and he ticked that check box. For anyone briefly glancing at that form on the front page of my birth notes it would have appeared that my prior births had been normal. Due to having the ticks in the correct boxes my "initial" score pregnancy wise was low risk.

Fortunatly when I saw my community midwife she was prepared to cross through lots of the info and scribble in her own words onto the form the words "shoulder dystocia", Erbs palsy, facial paralysis etc. I went on to have an elected c/s.

I'm not sure if notes/booking in forms are the same in the US but feel this is something here in the UK that needs looking into

Jayne
claudia

Post by claudia »

For Juliana (lobpi) it was hands of the ob and a 135 pound nurse providing fundal pressure.

We dodged the bullet twice: Nicolette was born with a broken collar bone--delivered with forceps.

Andrew was left bruised but unscathed (the second of twins) but was delived both feet first.

I lay like a pithed frog for all deliveries...

claudia
Ginne

Post by Ginne »

Hands led by a feeble brain!!!

-Ginne
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Vacuum then a lot of traction.
Lenni

Post by Lenni »

All of the above after I pushed for 3.5 hours.

Lenni
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

hands & fundal pressure