Changes in Houston

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
admin
Site Admin

Re: Changes in Houston

Post by admin »

We had surgery done on our son a few months ago with Dr. Nath. We have private insurance and had NO problems whatsoever.
T. Redden

Post by T. Redden »

Dr.Nath is still with TCH for surgeries he only left the brachial plexus clinic. We went with Dr. Nath and we are very happy with, but the choice is up to you. WHo did you think did a better job?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I strongly believe that when a patient , specially an infant undergoing BP surgery, is placed under anesthesia the hospital and the surgical team are just as important as the surgeon.
We chose Miami Children's Hospital not only because Dr Grossman but also for the reputation of his program.
Another key factor was that Dr Grossman performs all of his surgeries himself, including long term post-operative follow up.
I hope this gives you another point of view.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I strongly believe that when a patient , specially an infant undergoing BP surgery, is placed under anesthesia the hospital and the surgical team are just as important as the surgeon.
We chose Miami Children's Hospital not only because Dr Grossman but also for the reputation of his program.
Another key factor was that Dr Grossman performs all of his surgeries himself, including long term post-operative follow up.
I hope this gives you another point of view.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I agree that the hospital and hospital team matters as well. Dr. Nath is with a great hospital and that's probably why he chose it. Memorial Hermann hospital was the very first hospital in the Texas Medical Center and has a great reputation. Dr. Nath told me that he's especially happy with his O.R. team that works with him. And follow-up with Dr. Nath is fantastic. We get to see him four times a year. That's more than we see our pediatrician who is right in the neighborhood. He's also available by email and by phone. He has never let us down and the results of each surgery has also been great.

Dr. Nath's following wouldn't be there if he didn't do fantastic work.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

you need to check with Dr. Nath, but I think he is no longer doing any surgery at TCH, all at Hermann.
shaesmom

Post by shaesmom »

I would have replied sooner, but was out of town. Do you live in South Florida? I live in Fort Lauderdale and still went out to Houston. I was wondering if you lived here does your child go to therapy and where? Maybe we know each other.