DID THIS HAPPEN TO ANYONE ELSE?

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
Thailog

Re: DID THIS HAPPEN TO ANYONE ELSE?

Post by Thailog »

Not in the ER but mine was cuased in the OR. I'd be interested to hear if our injuries were caused by the same neglect.
Mindy

Post by Mindy »

I was told by the neurologist who diagnosed me six months after the accident that if the bpi is not treated correctly it can be made worse! He really suspected whether that happened to me. Because of my incompotent doctors my thumb and wrist are froze. Despite negative x-rays they still put me in a short spica cast. In four months they did over 50 x-ray films because they insisted it was broke!
Here is a big warning to everyone be really careful about x-rays. They recommend no more than ten a year for a reason. The radiation can destroy your teeth. Trust me it almost destroyed my teeth and in the US no dental insurance company will pay for it. WCCO out of the Twin Cities recently did a report on this ever growing problem.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I am sure my friend JJ's condition was made worse by his doctors treatment at the time (in the 1970's. In fact he is doubtful over whether or not they needed to amputate his arm at all.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Mine was caused by a routine medical procedure. I would be interested in more info as far as the extent of your injury and prognosis. You can e-mail me at diannabackes@hotmail.com if you would like to share stories. I have Rtbpi........Dianna
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Mine was from cardiac surgery just a little under 2 years ago.