Mod Quad

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
Argentina
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: My son Franco (now 17) suffers from left OBPI. He has undergone 3 operations already and though his recovery has been quite good, the injury still shows itself.
I have a support group in my country called Paralisis Braquial Obstetrica -PBO Argentina. You can find us in Facebook.
At the moment I´m really working hard to pass a law to guarantee parents are informed of this injury when the babies are born. Unfortunately in my country we are not informed about these injuries.

Mod Quad

Post by Argentina »

Hi everybody!
As you may imagine from my log-in name I´m not a native speaker so sometimes I don´t get exactly what you mean when you use certain words. Can anybody explain to me what Mod Quad is?
Thanks to all.
Patricia
admin
Site Admin

Re: Mod Quad

Post by admin »

Sure - I just had this done On January 7th with Dr. Nath in Houston. His web address is: http://www.drnathbrachialplexus.com/index.asp to see videos before and after of children who have had it done. I am 38 yrs old. His website also has a video showing the operation and relocation. In my case he released and relocated 5 muscles, 2 tendons, and unpinched my radial nerve. It is a procedure to release the arm when it is bound and overpowered by these other major muscles. You have to have the brachial plexus nerve tested to make sure it is functioning and the arm must be shown to be held down by these muscles to qualify for the surgery. email me if you want to chat.

Mod Quad procedure

*latissimus dorsi muscle transfer for external rotation and abduction
*teres major muscle transfer for scapular stabilization
*subscapularis muscle release
*axillary nerve decompression and neurolysis). Depending on the individual child, other nerve decompressions or muscle/ tendon transfers (such as pectoralis muscle releases) might be performed at the same time (the modified quad or "Mod Quad" procedure).
espiper

Post by espiper »

Sorry, didn't realize I was signed in as "guest". My email is es.piper@verizon.com or badaraccos@ajiusa.com (faster response) - Suzy
Argentina
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: My son Franco (now 17) suffers from left OBPI. He has undergone 3 operations already and though his recovery has been quite good, the injury still shows itself.
I have a support group in my country called Paralisis Braquial Obstetrica -PBO Argentina. You can find us in Facebook.
At the moment I´m really working hard to pass a law to guarantee parents are informed of this injury when the babies are born. Unfortunately in my country we are not informed about these injuries.

Post by Argentina »

Thanks a lot!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Argentina
Not all children need all of the elements of the Mod Quad. Mod Quad is just a name given by Texas Children's Hospital to one set of procedures they do-but these procedures are not unique to Dr Nath or TCH. Other centers just call them different names and mainly do just the elements that each individual child needs.
espiper

Post by espiper »

If this procedure is for an adult - there are only a few doctors in the country doing this procedure - Dr. Nath being one of them. Adults come with more unknowns as they have stopped growing and have been affected for many more years than children.
Argentina

Post by Argentina »

Thanks a lot for the information. My son was operated on his left shoulder and humerus four years ago and by the descriptions you give me it´s the same type of operation as the Mod Quad.
Patricia
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Just for clarification, the mod quad surgery is not a bone surgery. It is for muscles and tendons. There is no bone cutting with this surgery.