Elbow poping

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
Salina

Elbow poping

Post by Salina »

hello,
Recently me and my mom have noticed that vivians elbow srarted poping im not sure what it could be or if it is normal?
Does anyone know about this or what it could be?
thanks Salina
cindyh

Re: Elbow poping

Post by cindyh »

My 5mo(Elizabeth -RBPI) has been doing this for a month or two. I told her OT about it and she didn't seem too worried, couldn't tell me what it was for certain. I will ask her next Wednesday what it may be.
Sorry I can't help much right now.

I have been wanting to email you for a while. I think our daughter's condition progress is similar from what I have read of your emails. We are scheduled to see Dr. Kozin at Philadelphia Shriner's Hospital this month. Probably will be doing nerve grafting. I know that your daughter has not had primary as of yet. Anyways here's my email if you want to chat.

cindyh@knology.ney
Logan'sMom

Post by Logan'sMom »

My 5 month old son's elbow has started doing this recently too and I've been wondering whether to call his OT. I only notice it when we're doing ROM and although it doesn't seem to bother him it really scares me. Sorry I can't be of any help, but it's interesting to know that others are experiencing the same thing.

Crystal
Salina

Post by Salina »

thank you so much this is how my mom first noticed it is when she was doing rom.
Tehn i noticed it the other day it popped really loud and im scared.
Salina
cindyh

Post by cindyh »

Crystal and Salina,

Yes, it is scary when it first happens. It doesn't seem to bother them at all. Yes, during ROM is when it usually happens.

Cindy
Salina

Post by Salina »

yes it is im wondering if anything could be dislocated?
Or would it hurt them if it were dislocated?
Salina
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Dr. Shenaq had me take my 6 year old son to a orthopedic doctor to have looked at a bone sticking up at my son's elbow. Turns out it is the radius bone protruding upward because the muscles aren't able to hold it in place. This causes some popping at the elbow. Don't know if this helps but they said only if it bothers him(12-13 years of age) then the can go in and remove the tip of the bone.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

My daughter has ROBPI...she is 11 yrs...i had posted a comment the other day about pain in her elbow. She has always had popping..i think it scared her more than anything..and she said it did feel a little weird when it popped. Now recently, she has been experiencing pain off and on..not necessarily with popping.
Salina

Post by Salina »

I was told about my Daughters elbow poping is probly to do with the mucles and tendons what do any of you think about this?
B.Batchelor

Post by B.Batchelor »

Today I took my 7 year old daughter to our local orthopedic Dr. An x-ray was taken and showed clearly a dislocated radial head. My daughter recently started complaining of elbow pain. She can move it a certain way and it will pop and she says it feels better. Her Dr. is sending her x-ray along with her recent therapy records to Dr. Shenaq. We to were unaware of Dr. Nath's departure from TCH. I don't know how to get in touch with Dr. Nath but I think I would be more comfortable with him since he has performed all her surgeries to date.