long road to recoverey

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
bobby

long road to recoverey

Post by bobby »

Hi my name is bobby I am 26 with a bpi. I had my nerve transplant on Nov 23 2004. My life has changed so much since then my doc says a millimeter a day bobby so there for you have a long time. Just to let you guys know I was involved in a motorcycle accident in July 2004 where a lady ran a stop sign and I T boned her a did a lot of damage to my body I was a body builder for 7 years when I hit the concert form about 13 feet in the air (it hurt) I ripped c7 out over the spine and tore c5 c6. Anyone want to chat please.

EllenB

Re: long road to recoverey

Post by EllenB »

Hi Bobby, and (as someone on this site has famously written), welcome to the club nobody wants to join. What was done in your surgery, and who did it? And how are your pain levels?

Your injury was almost exactly two years after my son's (now 17) and I can assure you things WILL get better. But as your doctor already told you, it's a very slow process.

Hang in there -

Ellen
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

hi bobby.. sorry to heal about your accident... I had my accident in november O4 i'm 28 I was pulled into a machine at work. My damage was to the c5 c6... like you I also am a weight lifter since I was 18.. if you wanna chat give me a instant message at ummyeahhhhahah on aol or justanaveragedork on yahoo..
Rocket Ray

Post by Rocket Ray »

Hi Bobby, my accident was over 18 years ago. But I am looking forward to a free muscle transfer to regain at least the elbow flexion. How long were you laid up for? I wonder if working the arm out after is has healed will help the function? I hope to be where you are now someday, (post muscle transfer).
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Ellenb thank you for written me to ask questions about my pain level. I feel like it is under control and as you know mind over matter helps a lot but if I was to rate it would be at a level 6 before my surgery on Nov 3 2004 it was at a level 10. my surgeon was dr. hill of children’s hospital in Detroit and what was done is they took nerves out of my leg and put them in my neck they seen that c7 was ripped from the spinal cord and they did nothing about that particular never because c8 picks that up. Thank you again for your questions tell your son be strong and he and I will get though
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hey rob sorry to hear that it happen like that but be strong, you and me both know not going to the gym is a bitch but as I found there is other programs for us to try to keep us strong. I will in a couple days set something in yahoo or AOL to chat bros. peace
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Rocket Ray never had a muscle transplant but the transplant that I did had only 3 months ago I already have better movement in my arm can’t lift my elbow yet but I will be there one day bros . Hope the best for you and good luck.
cbe411
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: MVA in 2001, nerve graph in 2002, Median Nerve Transfer in 2004 and an unsuccessful Gracillis Muscle Transfer in 2006. I am living life and loving it! Feel free to contact me :)

Post by cbe411 »

Bobby, I can understand yo as well! I am almost 25 and have had my BPI almost 4 years. I was in an auto mobile accident. Feel free to email me if you want to!

COurt xx
Joshua B

Post by Joshua B »

hey i just joined this group earlier this week. i am 28 years old and have a c5 c6 avulsion. my bicep and shoulder dont work. mine was a car accident on 10-9-2004 and the injury caused by a seatbelt. i wasnt a bodybuilder but worked out a lot. if u want u can email me and chat. i talked to dr nath today and set up an appt for a nerve transfer in 2 months. so we will see what happens. just lick on my name for a profile to get my email.
dennisbk

Post by dennisbk »

I had a motorcycle accident in December of 2000, which caused a c5/c6 avulsion. I had nerve graft surgery in June of 2001 and am functioning now. I still see slight improvements 4 years later. I also wasn't a body builder but was a regular at the gym. I still am today and I believe that's what is helping me still make gains. You're welcome to email me with any questions if you would like.
Dennis