New Roll Call

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
tinachick

Re: New Roll Call

Post by tinachick »

My name is Tina. Im from New York. I am a trauma bpi from an atv accident 6 yrs ago.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I'm Linda, 63, with lobpi in Sioux Falls, SD. I am a grandmother with some grands in Naperville/Aurora Ill. which is where Jaredsmomdeb lives. Deb, if you would like to compare notes, you may email me at ljoy@sio.midco.net. I have an appointment with Nr. Nath and Dr. Shenaq in Feb. for an evaluation. I've lived all these years somewhat uneventfully with this injury and didn't know of the resources and luckily when I recently started having severe pain did I find this network and treatment possibilities. Hope it's not too late for some remedies for my arm.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Welcome Linda! It is so nice to have adults with the injury around here and I am so glad you found us. Thanks for joining us! I hope your appointment goes well.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I'm Jenny, 31, Maryland, and I'm so new to this that I don't know what abbrev. to use to describe myself (ROPMI/LOBPI?????). I know I have Erb's palsy resulting from a difficult birth. I've visited this site twice now and am learning VOLUMES each time. You all are great...and I have an especially deep respect for the Mom's dealing with infants with BPI. Have hope...I've had a relatively normal and very successful life so far. I have two daughters of my own ages 4 and 1. P.S. I am now considering surgery due to greater disfigurations and more pain as I age.
downbythesea

Post by downbythesea »

I just registered... so the guest formerly known as Jenny (31, MD) is now "downbythesea".
Kath
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I am ROBPI, global injury, Horner's Syndrome. No surgery but PT started at 2 weeks old under the direction of New York Hospital. I wore a brace 24/7 for the first 11 months of my life. I've never let my injury be used as an excuse not to do something. I've approach all things, in life, as a challenge. I approach anything new wondering if I can do it. I tried so many things I might never have tried, if I were not obpi. Being OBPI has made me strong, creative, more determined and persistent. I believe that being obpi has given me a very strong sense of humor and compassion for others.

Post by Kath »

Jenny
Glad you found UBPN. I am and adult with ROBPI that means my right arm was injured during birth.

Have you read the introductions on the Adult Birth injured message board?

If you want to learn more about how adults like you check out the Introduction at this link.
http://ubpn.org/messageboard/thread ... hread=1489

I thought I was the only one with this injury until I found UBPN Dec.1999. Now we have a Message Board just for adults with this injury. That does not mean that you cannot visit and post on any other board... just an opportunity to communicate with others who have shared your experience growing up and maturing with OBPI.
Kath
Kath robpi/adult

Kathleen Mallozzi
Caro

Post by Caro »

Hi everyone,

My name is Caroline and I'm a ROBPI living in Maryland. I just joined the UBPN network and looking forward to making connections with everyone.

I am waiting to hear back from Dr. Nath regarding my video and Mod Quad eligibility.

I also joined the Yahoo BPI friends photo group. I'll send my photo soon.

Caroline
Caro

Post by Caro »

Hi again everyone,

I also wanted to mention what a relief it is to find other adults that are OBPI. I'm 36 years old and through the years, have only found resources for parents of OBPI children. This is the first time I'm making a connection with other adults.

I'm actually meeting a new OBPI friend tomorrow for coffee. Through the power of these boards, we learned we live in the same state and close bye. I'm so looking forward to it and hugging her with one hand!

-Caroline
Kath
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I am ROBPI, global injury, Horner's Syndrome. No surgery but PT started at 2 weeks old under the direction of New York Hospital. I wore a brace 24/7 for the first 11 months of my life. I've never let my injury be used as an excuse not to do something. I've approach all things, in life, as a challenge. I approach anything new wondering if I can do it. I tried so many things I might never have tried, if I were not obpi. Being OBPI has made me strong, creative, more determined and persistent. I believe that being obpi has given me a very strong sense of humor and compassion for others.

Post by Kath »

Caroline
You have no idea what a great time you will have.
I have made such great friends through UBPN.
Of course, the bonding of adult/obpi is amazing... Its fun to compare arms.
I hope you can come to Camp in Sept with all of us...
We give the best one armed hugs... LOL..
Have fun
Kath
Kath robpi/adult

Kathleen Mallozzi
Caro

Post by Caro »

Thanks Kath for the warm welcome.... Please tell me more about the September event. If all goes well with my Mod Quad, I may be able to give a two arm hug by then! ;-)