Leaving for Boston

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
dpoganik
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: my daughter Dani born 4/2000 with a robpi. She had a humeral osteotomy Jan. 2005 in boston with Dr. Waters.

Leaving for Boston

Post by dpoganik »

Hi all. Getting ready to leave for Boston for Danielle's rotational osteotomy. I am so nervous. I want to thank everybody who answered all my many questions. Thank you all so much. You made the wait bearable. -Dawn
admin
Site Admin

Re: Leaving for Boston

Post by admin »

Dawn,
I will be thinking of Danielle. I will pray for a successful surgery as well as an easy recovery for her. I am looking forward to hearing from you on Sunday so we can meet up. Best wishes for now. Have a safe trip.
~Krista~
phaliscak

Post by phaliscak »

Dawn,

We will be thinking of you guys as well. Don't worry, your daughter is in the best of hands. Dr. Waters skills will improve the quality of her life and your decision to move forward with this is wise and well thought of. He would have never suggested it if it wasn't time for her to take the next step. Please take comfort in that. If you need any more help you can always get in touch. I am looking forward to seeing all of you in February.

Patty
m&mmom

Post by m&mmom »

Wishes for a great surgery and a safe trip.

Cindy
Tanya in NY
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I am Mom to Amber, injured at birth. I serve on the Board of Directors for UBPN, and am a labor/delivery nurse, too.

Post by Tanya in NY »

Good luck and speedy recovery!

Tanya in NY
Tanya in NY
Amber's Mom, ROBPI, 13 years old
Jamie MA

Post by Jamie MA »

A day late, but best of luck to you- she's in excellent hands! I have great pics of my sons before and right after his osteotomy, I'm going to update with some new ones 6 months later, I'd be happy to send them to you if you'd like so you can see the difference it makes. Good luck!
dpoganik
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: my daughter Dani born 4/2000 with a robpi. She had a humeral osteotomy Jan. 2005 in boston with Dr. Waters.

Post by dpoganik »

Hi all, Thank you for all your kind thoughts. Danielle's surgery went great. She only took pain medicine in recovery. She didn't even seem to mind the cast! Dr. Waters released her on Friday and we went right home because of the snow storm expected. He feels Danielle will get alot from the surgery and so do I. Very nerve racking but definitely necessary.
thanks again for all your help. -Dawn
Kath
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I am ROBPI, global injury, Horner's Syndrome. No surgery but PT started at 2 weeks old under the direction of New York Hospital. I wore a brace 24/7 for the first 11 months of my life. I've never let my injury be used as an excuse not to do something. I've approach all things, in life, as a challenge. I approach anything new wondering if I can do it. I tried so many things I might never have tried, if I were not obpi. Being OBPI has made me strong, creative, more determined and persistent. I believe that being obpi has given me a very strong sense of humor and compassion for others.

Post by Kath »

Dawn
I am so happy to hear Danielle's surgery went so well. I hope she has a quick recovery and great results.
Glad you beat the snow.
Kath
Kath robpi/adult

Kathleen Mallozzi
phaliscak

Post by phaliscak »

Hi Dawn,

Glad to hear everything went well and you guys made it home before all the snow came. Does her cast look like Michael's? What color did she pick? She sounds like she will bounce back fast. Congratulations!!

Patty