Things your able to do

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
admin
Site Admin

Re: Things your able to do

Post by admin »

hi lads,i injured my left arm nearly eight years ago now.i've never driven a bike since then,but i got a sports quad two years ago a hondatrx250ex(automatic clutch)and had great fun with it.about a month ago i got a yamaha raptor 660 racing quad.i took the front brake away completely and swapped the clutch over to the right hand side.it took me and a friend about half an hour to do this.i have no problem driving it at all and i didn't come off it yet.it's fairly quick too.
Fernando

Post by Fernando »

Hi Karl

Were do you live, I was thinking about a quad to go back to the desert one of this days but I was not sour how hard it will be to driven it with just one arm. You are the first guy a read that ride a quad. Do you use only one arm? what kind of terrain do you ride?

Fernando
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Fernando,i had an old splint that i formed around my bpi hand and the handlebar of the quad and i operate the clutch and throttle with my right hand.it's a bit dangerous alright if i did come off it.but i try not to fool around too much though but i drive it to the limit at every opportunity i can.i don't do ramps or anything that would cause a sudden jerk to my shoulder.i sit up close to the tank so there is a bit of room for my elbow to move around(as it does) and i drive flat out around the beaches that i go to.i'll try and take a few pics of the splint this weekend and email them to you if you like.
Fernando

Post by Fernando »

Hi

So Null are you Karl? seams to me that driving a quad with an arm that has very little strangth or no movment in a splint will be more dangeruse than doing it with just one arm. I ride my MTB with just one arm plus a stablaiser and I have no problem with it. If you have a pic of you riding will be nice.

Have a nice weekend
Fernando