What to do?

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
bermitt

What to do?

Post by bermitt »

I am new to this arm hanging around and i am just wondering what does everybody do to help with this. All i have is a sling and i hate it. There is no support for my wrist. Any help? The sling was also modified to have a million things hanging off of it, which makes putting it on a horror story. I have no movement in my shoulder only in my hand and wrist so i was wondering if you can get protective things. One more qeustion i was told about a chance of getting my shoulder fused..........thats scarey. I really didn't want to ask because it seems like a question that people wouldn't want to talk about. How does that come along?
Chris
Karl w/ a K

Re: What to do?

Post by Karl w/ a K »

Chris,
You might want to check out the Wilmor brace. It will give you forearm and rist support. If you go to the UK TBPI web site there are pictures of people using it. And don't hesitate when it comes to asking questions regarding your injury. That is what this forum is all about.
I am curious though, what do you have hanging off your sling? I thought about having one made with a cell phone pouch. Maybe I can get a saddle shop to make a nice leather sling. I work in maintanence at a highrise building. I have to wear a sling so I don't get my arm into any electrical panels or fan belts.
Cheers...Karl...