Things your able to do

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
admin
Site Admin

Re: Things your able to do

Post by admin »

When I was in High School, I was excellent in math and during my senior year I took an accounting class and loved it....so I always wanted to become a CPA for either a huge firm or a huge motocross firm like (fox, thor, ogio, etc)

I decided to go further though..I am completeing my classes at my community college in santa maria, ca to transfer to UCSB to get my BA in Business Economics w/emphasis in Accounting (it was betweenhere and CAl Poly decision made by fieldtrip and found out top 4 accounting firms gothere once a month and love to pick students from there, also the beach and alot of nobel prize award professors). Then I decided I wanted to make 500,000-5mil so I decided I wantedto be eventually a senior excutive/CEO of a huge firm. So I decided to also get my A.A in Business Admin while at the Community college (Iwas able to connect courses for the degree and transfer so I only took them once and it turn out, that out of 140 units need for both I only had to get the 60 something from my transfer and 4 extra core classes for the A.A.) After I get my BA I want to get into a firm and contiune college and get an M.A. in Business Economics/Management.

This has been the best thing that came from the accident.Good Luckwith your sun and school..

Before school I would just be at home in pain...now I have met some friends and it helps a bit.
motoxxxracer_34

Post by motoxxxracer_34 »

I just wanted to let you guys know that I am keith i didnt login last post
karlos

Post by karlos »

Hi dude im left tbpi and still ride a supermoto crf450 with a Recluse zstart auto clutch.

so theres still hope etc
Fernando

Post by Fernando »

Hi Keith
It is good to hear that you have your mine focus on the school, keeping your mine busy is the best aspirine for the pain. I too had a preaty bad crash and I broke a lot of things and still recovering from some of them but bilive me things will improve little by little.

Karlos, glad you still ride a crf 450 but I am wondering how do you do it? I try to keep busy with what I like to do like MTB, waterski, snowboard, scubadive, etc but getting on a motorbike looks a little more risky. I used to ride on the desert and that is realy what I like, what kine of terreins do you ride? Do you ride with just one arm or do you still have some movement on your bpi arm? where do you live?

Have a nice day
Fernando
karlos

Post by karlos »

Hi,

I live in the UK and the bike has a full supermoto kit on it and is road legal, im fortunate that have around 50% hand grip so can still grip the bars.

The zstart clutch means that you can do clutchless gear changes and the clutch auto engages when the idle speed drops.

These clutch kits are available for any enduro bike.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hello,

I've seen in my website logs that people are coming from here.
Even with only one arm, you can get a lot of fun riding a bike ! :-)

Fernando

Post by Fernando »

Hi Ky-Nam

Nice web-page and keep the work. I am back on my MTB and your tips were very helpfull.

Keep in touch and try to post more in this site, I think you comments could encourage a lot of people.

Fernando
motoxxxracer_34

Post by motoxxxracer_34 »

Hey Karlos

I wish I had any arm movement...it really sucks haveing the one thing your life revolved around (riding, racing, salesman, 50's, clothing, & adrenaline)taken away. My accident was very rare and i should have stayed dead but for some reason god wanting me bck alive...did not see any kind of light....but cant remember anything from 2hrs before to the hospital. They did repair surgery but they say I might get at most 75 degrees shoulder movement...maybe elbow a little...nut no hand what so ever...but working out every day to get back on a bike...

Also good choice on bike...crf450 are amazing its like riding a cadliac dirtbike so much power, super smooth, and easy to handle. I had just bought my 04 late sept. and got hurt early feb...first trip to glams with it and aonly riding for an hr.

Well Im praying for something good to happen...i feel for all of you.
Dave m

Post by Dave m »

Hi, a good positive topic this, what folks can achieve post BPI. I was lucky enough to get pretty good arm and some hand recovery. A year fter the crsh i went skiing for the first time. My BPI hand could hold the pole but not strong enough to bear weight on it. I tried skiing without poles and tying my BPI hand to the pole, it was a bit nerve racking but i loved it when it worked. Also took up windsurfing about a year after that, my hand is weak and my left hand did most of the work when i was pulling the sail up out of the water. It also gets cold very fast when it is wet and quite clumsy, getting worse as it gets colder. The windsurfing was great fun and good therapy too. I have rode dirt bikes since the crash as i need the front brake to be operated from the left bar and the front is not so emphasised on the dirt. Might supermoto a WRF450 for the road next spring, get the brake lever fitted to the left bar. I'll get a pic if i do. Good luck with your hobbies guys.
Dave
Fernando

Post by Fernando »

Hi Dave and Carlos
How nice that you still able to get on yout bike guys, I will love to go for ride on the desert. May be one day I will figuer a way to do it. In the main time I still trying to do most of the thing I like to do plus some other that I did not realise are fun too.

Fernando