Brachial Plexus Magnetic Ribbons....Why Not?

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
brandonsmom

Re: Brachial Plexus Magnetic Ribbons....Why Not?

Post by brandonsmom »

Look on the website, there are other awareness ribbons there. The Autism one is actually Puzzle piece and has a website address on it. Maybe we could have a design contest amongst our BPI families/kids. That would be great .
njbirk

Post by njbirk »

So many good ideas!
Thanks everyone for brainstorming together.

We are programming a poll that we will put up on the website later this week with all the choices and you will be able to vote for your choice.

I'll post here when the poll is ready.

Nancy Birk
UBPN President
Tanner's Mom

Post by Tanner's Mom »

Check out the link. Gayle, I like your idea of the heart in the middle, if we end up going with the ribbon idea. I like how we can pop out the heart too and write something else on it.

http://www.imprintedlogo.com/magnetic_ribbons.htm

Lisa

Tanner's Mom

Post by Tanner's Mom »

Forgot to add....it looks like they are 89 cents each adn the minimum order is only 250, which is much more feasible than an required initial order of 2500. Didn't I read that somewhere???
Tanner's Mom

Post by Tanner's Mom »

Sorry, it would help if I would read everything before posting. It looks like the minimum order is actually only 100, but the price goes up by 30 cents per ribbon.

Thinking more about possible limitations of ribbons...not much space at all to write information, especially including the long word brachial plexus injury. Also the image is not personal or unique to us, like say the puzzle piece is for the cause of autism. I still think it is worth tossing the possible idea around of a nice graphic design that is catchy, powerful and memorable, and perhaps a sticky plastic decal removable sticker for inside back car window. We might be able to get a few more words in to, to catch more attention or clarify the issue.

Just some thoughts to throw out during this brainstorming process.

Lisa
dmom

Post by dmom »

Great ideas, everyone! I don't care what the shape is, as long as we are promoting awareness.

But can I just say ... I would really not want this effort funded by attorneys (I am married to one, by the way, so nothing against them!). I would just rather it come from our own pockets so as to be an effort truly motivated by nothing more than love and concern.

Janet
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

bumping up to the top
hope16_05
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: 28 years old with a right obstetrical brachial plexus injury. 5 surgeries to date with pretty decent results. Last surgery resolved years of pain in my right arm however, I am beginning my journey with overuse in my left arm

Post by hope16_05 »

I like the idea of the window clings, or ribbons, or any other idea for that matter. I know that I would be intrested in some of what ever we decide on. Great ideas every one!!!
Amy
Amy 28 years old ROBPI from MN
JessicasMom
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: 10 year old Jessica born on 9/6/03 with a LOBPI.
Mostly recovered, no surgery, still has remaining functional deficits
including no active external rotation.

Post by JessicasMom »

I love the idea, and I'd definitely want one!

Michelle
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

This is the best idea yet. I know that I would want several of these ribbons for myself and many family members.