Brachial Plexus Magnetic Ribbons....Why Not?

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
admin
Site Admin

Re: Brachial Plexus Magnetic Ribbons....Why Not?

Post by admin »

Yes, let's please do something. My baby (lobpi) is only a few months old, and every time I see a newcomer on this site with a younger baby with the same injury it breaks my heart. I'm sure all of the families with older children with this injury feel the same, and I know that many of you have been working hard at awareness already. We go from knowing nothing about this injury to understanding that it is completely preventable, so then it feels like it should be so easy for it to never happen again. It seems like the whole world should have learned from our personal experience. Thanks for letting me vent here, and thanks again to all who have begun the quest for awareness.
katep

Post by katep »

The ribbon thing may be a bit overdone, but that little ribbon thing is still automatically recognized as a "cause" which the bearer believes in. People see a ribbon and they don't recognize the color or whatever, and they automatically look closer -"what's that for?" That sounds like a good thing to me!

Kate
Shannon03

Post by Shannon03 »

I've been thinking about this alot lately too because I seem more and more people with them on their cars. When I see a ribbon that I don't automatically know what it represents than I look closer (as Kate suggested). I think this would be a great idea.
RottieJan

Post by RottieJan »

i agree that the ribbon thing is becoming over done. however, i think a hand (or arm & hand) is a great idea. remember, it's not just the kids that suffer with this.

hugs,

jan
brandonsmom

Post by brandonsmom »

The only thing is that I too look when I see a different ribbon, if you notice there are autism ones and so on. Also I was trying to stay with the ribbon because it would be less expensive to produce....I was thinking instead of the heart in the middle how about a bell? I know I always look at the different ones to see what the latest awareness project is.
brandonsmom

Post by brandonsmom »

After looking at the website which I have to try and find again, the ribbon would cost about 67 cents to produce, however we would have to order 2500. I do not think this would be a big issue though.I don't know if it would be more to get a bell put in the middle which is what I would like to see done and I am not sure what the cost would be if we actually wanted a metallic silver ribbon.
brandonsmom

Post by brandonsmom »

The name of the company I was looking at is
FOR-Most Specialties
1-800-863-7203
www.ImprintedLogo.com
Look at all the different ones on the second page, it is incredible.
Board of Directors
Maybe we could use the money raised for an extra "SCHOLARSHIP" to BPI camp?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I think this is a great idea, I too agree that the ribbon thing is way overdone, BUT I also agree that having a silver one would catch people's attention and they would take a closer look. I think the bumper sticker idea would be nice also, although I would prefer one that was not sticky. Lisa was referring to window cling material and I think that would be a better alternative than a sticker. I personally would not put a sticker on my car. I think the ideas for the hand or arm being part of the design are good, because it lends a bit more explanation than just the words brachial plexus, if people do not know what those words mean, they will not have the impact that we are desiring... I think this is a worthy cause that could generate money AND awareness...