HAPPY 2005!

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
PeggyUBPN

HAPPY 2005!

Post by PeggyUBPN »

I just wanted to take this opportunity to wish everyone a safe and happy new year! Enjoy your loved ones.

Peggy
claudia

Re: HAPPY 2005!

Post by claudia »

Hi all, I just want to echo Peggy's thoughts. May this be a wonderful New Year!!

claudia
claudia@ubpn
Kath
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I am ROBPI, global injury, Horner's Syndrome. No surgery but PT started at 2 weeks old under the direction of New York Hospital. I wore a brace 24/7 for the first 11 months of my life. I've never let my injury be used as an excuse not to do something. I've approach all things, in life, as a challenge. I approach anything new wondering if I can do it. I tried so many things I might never have tried, if I were not obpi. Being OBPI has made me strong, creative, more determined and persistent. I believe that being obpi has given me a very strong sense of humor and compassion for others.

Post by Kath »

I want to join the chorus and wish everyone a safe, peaceful and healthy New Year.

Kath
Kath robpi/adult

Kathleen Mallozzi
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

We would like to wish everyone a safe New Year.
Kim and DeeDee
Karen McClune

Post by Karen McClune »

Ditto here, wishing everyone a safe and peaceful new year. May 2005 bring everyone much joy and enjoy your families.

Hugs to you all,

David, Karen, Aaron, Ryan and Brenda

njacoby499

Post by njacoby499 »

Happy New Year to all BP families.

Natalie
jep98056

Post by jep98056 »

HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone!!

John P.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

happy new year to everyone!!!
CW1992

Post by CW1992 »

Happy New year - I think I had the best one ever - it's hard to explain but Brittney's injury keeps getting less important - if that makes any sense. She put us all to shame with her foose ball chanpionship at her Grandmas - she's good - I requested her on my team every time!!!!! She was awesome! And yes - this girl is beatutiful oh yeah! - and yes I am proud. Today we had 5 families over to play and swim - (15 kids) She has so many friends - so many parties, everything that I worried about did not happen -- Her life is not about her injury - it is about her - just got a trampoline for Christmas - Whew!!! What fun for all of us!! Our whole family has never had so much fun!! Whoo whoo!! Life does not need to be about would could have been - it can be great if you just let it be good. Happy New Year, have fun - live - and laugh alot! Laugh Hard! It makes you feel better!

I am so glad that our life is not about her injury - we are having so much fun getting to know our kid - and she is so full of life!!!
Please let your family go on with life - enjoy your kids - they will grow up too fast.
Christy
Kath
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I am ROBPI, global injury, Horner's Syndrome. No surgery but PT started at 2 weeks old under the direction of New York Hospital. I wore a brace 24/7 for the first 11 months of my life. I've never let my injury be used as an excuse not to do something. I've approach all things, in life, as a challenge. I approach anything new wondering if I can do it. I tried so many things I might never have tried, if I were not obpi. Being OBPI has made me strong, creative, more determined and persistent. I believe that being obpi has given me a very strong sense of humor and compassion for others.

Post by Kath »

Christy

Thanks for sharing this with all of us as we begin a New Year. It is so important for parents of younger children and babies to know that life goes on. I can say it a hundered times "my life was never about my injury" the fact that I had something wrong with my arm was rarely spoken about even while raising my children. This message coming from you, a parent of a pre-teen, is very important and supportive.

My grandchildren have never noticed my arm. My kids only noticed when I could not play hand clapping games. All of my kids clapped hands with elbows out until I corrected it... we still lol about it... it was funny. My sense of humor has served me well.

Kath
Kath robpi/adult

Kathleen Mallozzi