14 year old son

This board is for adults and teens to discuss issues relating to BPI since birth (OBPI).
mollysage

Re: 14 year old son

Post by mollysage »

Well, I'm not 14....I'm old! over 60 ! but I've lived with this arm all these years and am still kicking. :) When I was growing up in the 50's we didn't even know my arm condition had a name or why it was different. The dr.'s explaination was wrong. Thenkfully, I have always had good use of it due to my family massaging and making me use my "bad arm". I'm happy to share my experiences though they are likely mild compared to others. I've just lived longer. Girls and guys.....don't worry. Life is good, even with a BPI arm. :)
CW1992

Post by CW1992 »

Thank you Molly! My daughter is 12 - moderate left arm injury - doing great - no surgeries yet - just some things get hard for her to do but nothing stops her. Her life is a good one so far - no pain - tons of friends - always happy and smiling. I'm glad that you found this site and I hope that you post often! One of my fears after she was born was that I would not be able to tell her what had happened to her - which is why I am so grateful for this site.
Welcome !!
Christy
Kath
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I am ROBPI, global injury, Horner's Syndrome. No surgery but PT started at 2 weeks old under the direction of New York Hospital. I wore a brace 24/7 for the first 11 months of my life. I've never let my injury be used as an excuse not to do something. I've approach all things, in life, as a challenge. I approach anything new wondering if I can do it. I tried so many things I might never have tried, if I were not obpi. Being OBPI has made me strong, creative, more determined and persistent. I believe that being obpi has given me a very strong sense of humor and compassion for others.

Post by Kath »

Molly
Welcome - I am old too! LOL... not really. I just turned 65 and when I first found UBPN 5 years ago I use to say I was the oldest OBPI baby. Thanks to John P and Carolyn I am no longer the oldest. Welcome to the message boards. I always knew it was Erb's Palsy but thought I was the only one in the world with this rare injury. What a surprise to find all of these great people to share with. How said to find out so many babies are being injured daily and it is so preventable.

I think you will find most obpi have developed a good sense of humor... sometimes a littl sick when making fun of ourselves but funny.
Kath
Kath robpi/adult

Kathleen Mallozzi
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hello!
My name is greg and i was born with erbs palsy.I'm 28 now and i'm thinking of getting it fixed by Dr.Naths in texas.It was very hard for me growing up with this.I always thought i was the only one out there.But, i was always good at sports,and learning to get around it.I still hide my arm today by wearing long sleeves all the time,and always putting my hand in my pocket when walking around in public.Most people couldn't tell there was anything wrong until my bone on my shoulder started to stick out.Now i got to school at a coolege,and looking to become a math teacher and a football coach.