Back from Houston

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
cbe411
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: MVA in 2001, nerve graph in 2002, Median Nerve Transfer in 2004 and an unsuccessful Gracillis Muscle Transfer in 2006. I am living life and loving it! Feel free to contact me :)

Back from Houston

Post by cbe411 »

I got back from Housto nthe other night and just have to share here. Dr. Gharbaoui was interesting, good to talk to him, he was very honest with me, explained that it would depend on what nerves they reconnected the muscle with, depending on what Dr. Nath said. The final outcome would depend on the quality of the nerves and what have you.... so then I saw Dr. Vennix for an EMG.... this was the first EMG with him but he thought it look pretty damn good for a TBPI almost 4 years in! YEAH!!!! He said that there was definite recruitment all the way to the fingers, which I knew, but great to have it verified for me! The next day I went to see Dr. Nath, he was impressed with the EMG reports and the fact that I can somewhat bend my arm, not normally but I can a bit now. SO........ no surgery for me right yet!!! He wants to see my back in 6 months and recheck and go from there. What a relief to hear this!! Thanks for the support guys!

COurt xx
Karen McClune

Re: Back from Houston

Post by Karen McClune »

Courtney,

This is such great news. I was waiting to hear all that took place in Houston and I am so happy. I am sure mom is also.

Chat with you later,

Love, WCmom
EllenB

Post by EllenB »

You Go Girl!!!

Ellen
Shannon03

Post by Shannon03 »

Great news on your EMG!!!! I hope you continue to gain some movement (bending at the elbow more often).
Shannon
Patwarner55

Post by Patwarner55 »

Court,

That is such good news...bet it made your day!

Pat
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Good to hear court! Hope you continue to improve!
Judy-T
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Right arm OBPI One surgery at age 40 Ulnar nerve retransposition

Post by Judy-T »

Great news Courtney!!!