what did your OB's actually recommend for subsequent births?

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
admin
Site Admin

what did your OB's actually recommend for subsequent births?

Post by admin »

Just curious what the actual OB recommendations for your subsequent births were and if you followed or went against their advice. I am especially interested in what they said if you experienced SD with your previous BPI birth.
admin
Site Admin

Re: what did your OB's actually recommend for subsequent births?

Post by admin »

I had a scheduled C-Section with my second baby. That is what the doctor recommended and I definately went with it. I am glad I did.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I was flat out told that I shouldn't even have any more children. My body does not handle pregnancy very well, but up until my last child, I did deliver them without trouble. I did have SD with my BP baby. My child has a severe global injury. We will see, I may still want one more. If I DO have another baby they told me in no uncertain terms that I HAVE to have a c-section, which is fine with me because I would want a tubal ligation anyway; not to mention the fact that after the tauma I went through with my last baby, you could not pay me enough to deliver vaginally again. I think everyone just needs to figure out what is best for them. I just don't know yet, I have so much to deal with with this injury that I am not sure I could even handle another baby (my bp baby is my 3rd). I am interested to see what other people say.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The advice I was given, only after asking what we would do different with a future birth, was that "we would watch your weight gain". That was truly all I was told.
Connie&Andrew

Post by Connie&Andrew »

Talking to my OB after my BPI baby's birth, he said he would probably recommend a c-section for any subsequent births. My BPI baby was my 5th child. I did have another baby and had a planned c-section. The OB recommended it right from the start of my pregnancy.

Connie
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

he said ONLY have a C-section. TCH told me the same thing. so I did. Everything went great, no injury.
UK Mum

Post by UK Mum »

Hi

With 3rd delivery following 2 prior SD I wanted a cs and had gathered evidence together to discuss with consultant in the event he disagreed. As it turned out on looking into my prior records he stated a c/s was the best option.Especially as added to dd's problems I had 3rd degree tearing both times was also a had SPD(sympathis pubis dysfunction) which also affected me badly during pregnancy number 3.

Jayne
JaimeC

Post by JaimeC »

At first, my OB said we could try induction a little early so the baby was smaller (which I wouldn't have agreed to) - but once my husband gave her the graphic details of our first delivery, she decided on C-section. We had one and it turned out just fine. Much easier to heal from than my fourth-degree + delivery. Not to say it wasn't painful. It IS major surgery - but overall peaceful and uneventful.
Jaime
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Our 3rd child suffered a BPI and shortly after she turned 1 year we were surprised with pregnancy #4. Since we were not going back to that OB I told our new OB that I was having a c-section. He asked why, my husband and I explained and that was that. I am so thankful I had a scheduled c-section. My recovery was so quick and the experience was a healing one after what I went through with #3. I did cry during the surgery and didn't stop until they told me both his arms moved. My advice, do what you feel is right for you and your family.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Our 3rd child suffered a BPI and shortly after she turned 1 year we were surprised with pregnancy #4. Since we were not going back to that OB I told our new OB that I was having a c-section. He asked why, my husband and I explained and that was that. I am so thankful I had a scheduled c-section. My recovery was so quick and the experience was a healing one after what I went through with #3. I did cry during the surgery and didn't stop until they told me both his arms moved. My advice, do what you feel is right for you and your family.