another therapist now!??!?

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
Tanner's Mom

Re: another therapist now!??!?

Post by Tanner's Mom »

Jennifer,

Whine all you want! It is good for the soul! :) Seriously, without whining and venting we would go nuts with this injury. I know just how you feel. We have juggled PT, OT, aqua therapy and speech therapy, and it can burn you out.

My child is a few years younger than yours and I already feel that it has been too much and for too long. I just want my child to do all the regular activities and to not have a schedule full of bpi related stuff. Can I join in on your pity party? Errrrr...it just gets tiring. Sometimes we just take a break and it really does feel good.

I am also working towards shifting away from some of the more traditional therapies and incorporating more activities as my child ages, such as swimming, gymnastics, martial arts, yoga, etc. I know in my heart how important finding a balance is. I just wish this injury didn't make it so darn challenging to do that.

Hang in there. Things always seem to brighten up, at least for a while, before the next bpi bump comes along.

Take Care,
Lisa
njacoby499

Post by njacoby499 »

I am curious to know what myofascial release is?
Angela Butterfly

Post by Angela Butterfly »

Hi Jennifer......I actually took a 2 day course taught principally to OT's & PT's way back in 1991. The P.T. that was treating Jill at Carle, Champaign was sponsoring the event...and since she saw how far Jill had progressed with me as her main therapist she invited me to attend. I am not at home, but I do have the info for training.....I am still on the mailing list all these years later. Would you like me to get it to you so you can learn how?

I now use the myofacial realease, I learned back then, on my oldest daughter, for her very painful hip. I used it often all this past summer, after she came home from work in PAIN.

P.S. I know the feeling.... I have 3 kids....and my middle child only 17 months older than Jill has never forgiven me for not having enough time (worked too). My oldest was just under 3 1/2 years older than Jill, and she took it all better.

How are you now? Is your throat all better. I hope so. Always way too much, and all at the same time.

Angela Butterfly

Post by Angela Butterfly »

Facia is a tough connective tissue which spreads throughout the body in a three dimensional web from head to foot without interruption. Trauma, posture or inflammation can create a binding down of fascia resulting in excessive pressure on nerves, muscles, blood vessels osseous structures and/or organs. Since many of the standard tests such as x-rays, myelograms, CAT scans electromyography, etc, do not show the fascial restrictions, it is thought that an extremely high percentage of people suffering with pain and/or lack of motion may be having fascial problems, but most go undiagnosed.

The John F. Barnes' Myofascial Release Approach consists of the gentle application of sustained pressure into the fascial restrictions. This essential "time element" has to do with the viscous flow and the piezoelectric phenomenon: a low load (gentle pressure) applied slowly will allow a viscoelastic medium (fascia) to elongate.

I typed the above from my MYOFASCIAL RELEASE SEMINAR Newsleter I received in August 2004.

(Newsleter)MFR Treatment Centers & Seminars, 222 West Lancaster Ave, Paoli, PA 19301-1742
www.myofascialrelease.com
Email:paoli@myofascialrelease.com
1-800-fascial

Western Myofascial Release Treatment Center - 676 N Highway 89 A, Sedona AZ 86336
928-282-3002 Sedona@myofascialrelease.com