Triangle Tilt surgery

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
admin
Site Admin

Triangle Tilt surgery

Post by admin »

Hi, I was wondering if there is anyone out there considering this new surgery? It has to do with the elevated shoulder blade. Addyson is almost 5 and had the MOD quad in 2001. No other surgeries. Dr. Nath ordered a bilateral 3D cat scan and according to him she has a grade3 elevation which is the most severe. I would like to communicate with someone with a similar case. This is a brand new surgery "created" by Dr. Nath. I am quite excited, but scared at the same time.
Thanks
Paula

Re: Triangle Tilt surgery

Post by Paula »

How exciting!!! Aarons blade is also elevated but I am not sure to what extent or degree. Wonderful that a "cure" or a fix is in the works. Leave it to Dr Nath.
PeggyUBPN

Post by PeggyUBPN »

I believe this is formerly the "acromioplasty" and my daughter had it done last Dec. with Dr. Nath and has done beautifully since her surgery.

Feel free to email me.

Peggy
kalliesmom

Post by kalliesmom »

My 5 yr old daughter is having this surgery Jan 19th. She did have the acromioplasty last Feb but this part of it is a new discovery addressing the scapula. For those that haven't had it done I believe they do it all at once. (Removing the overgrowth of clavicle & Scapula plus the repostioning of the scapula)
I had emailed Dr Nath for some more info and he sent me a pdf file plus 2-3 animations showing what is done in great detail.
If you would like to email me our address is bri_jess@msn.com
Best of Luck
~Jessica
blue_Iz

Post by blue_Iz »

Dr. Nath recommended the Triangle Tilt for Brandon also, he is 6, with LBPI, but I don't know much about it.
kalliesmom

Post by kalliesmom »

Hi everyone! I am not able to email the animations because the file is to large for me to send. I can send the pdf file so whoever is interested just let me know.
I'm sure if you email Dr Nath he will be more than happy to send the animations to you.
~Jessica
bri_jess@msn.com
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

bumping this up
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

there's an animation of the Triangle Tilt at the bottom of this page
http://www.drnathbrachialplexus.com/inj ... _after.asp warning - it's graphic
dmom

Post by dmom »

Laura,

I just posted to Jared's mom (I think) on another post about this, but I guess it bears repeating!

Our son Danny had the acromioplasty (new name for it is triangle tilt) last year. He was found to have had a dislocated shoulder via that 3D CT scan, so he was one of the initial guinea pigs for this surgery. We thought it sounded like such a good surgery and trusted Dr. Nath so much that we went for it. Danny has had beyond-great results from it. I couldn't recommend this surgery more highly. He also had the mod quad in 2002 with Dr. Nath.

You are welcome to e-mail me if you want to talk more! Good luck with everything.

Janet
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Hi All,

This is my first time to this web site, it nice to see all the feedback to Laura original question. You all have given her some of the answers I was looking for. My son Ryan will problably have Triangle Tilt this summer. I saw Dr Nath again during a BPpinic in SanDiego and he sujested this procedure. I sent Dr Nath the 3D CAT scan, but he has not replied yet.

I hope the best for everybody,
Thanks,
Wayne