Juliana's birthday!

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
claudia

Juliana's birthday!

Post by claudia »

Well, I can't believe it: FIVE years ago we brought Juliana into our world. And boy did she change it!!

This is the first year that she seems to really care about her birthday and it is so cute (when she isn't making her sibs nuts). She is marking up catalogues--"I'm getting this and this and this and I don't want this (an X thru it...)"

She is doing so well in school and is making friends and is so happy. It doesn't seem to matter so much that her arm doesn't look so great, she truly has transcended her arm.

I used to say that in my mind's eye I saw this HUGE arm attached to this little child. And that I couldn't wait for the day that I saw a child, in perspective. I can say that I do!

I am so happy for her today. I made a banner on the computer, we are having her party at the children's museum next week...she will have cake for a week!!!!!

She is a fabulous kid and I am so proud to call her mine.

claudia
njbirk

Re: Juliana's birthday!

Post by njbirk »

Happy Birthday to Juliana!
And best wishes for a great day for Mom too!

Nancy
Rachel

Post by Rachel »

Hi Claudia!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JULIANA!!!!!!!! I was just looking at old videos and came upon our girls being splinted in Texas! She is such a sweetie. I can't believe how time has flown. I am so proud of her. I know exactly what you mean when you say she has transcended her arm. We went to my niece's birthday party this weekend and Amanda was running around leading the rest of the kids - no one even notices her arm.

Have a great day and hopefully I'll talk with you guys soon!
love,
Rachel
CW1992

Post by CW1992 »

Happy Birthday Juliana!!! I wish I could have cake for a week! Sounds like she sure knows what she wants and doesn't want - and makes it easier on buying her presents:) I hope that she has a great party and lots of fun being five! It's such a fun age isn't it?
Love,
Christy
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Post by Carolyn J »

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY Julianna!!!
Have a parade to celebrate too, besides a party which I just know you are having today. Celebrate too, MOM, in a special way. You deserve it!
Carolyn J
Carolyn J
Adult LOBPI
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

That was so sweet! Happy Birthday to such a special little girl. I hope she has a blast at her party at the museum. :)

~Krista~
Karen McClune

Post by Karen McClune »

Juliana, here's wishing you very Happy Birthday. Hope you are having a great day.

Mom, hope your day is as much fun as Julianas.

Hugs, Karen

Tanya in NY
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I am Mom to Amber, injured at birth. I serve on the Board of Directors for UBPN, and am a labor/delivery nurse, too.

Post by Tanya in NY »

Happy, happy birthday! What a wonderful day I am wishing all of you! It's such a celebration to see yet another year of growth and happiness.

Best wishes.

Tanya in NY
Tanya in NY
Amber's Mom, ROBPI, 13 years old
rbbp

Post by rbbp »

Hey claudia.
And Happy birthday juliana.
I hope you hav e fun and a nice birthday.
Salina
PeggyUBPN

Post by PeggyUBPN »

Well, by now Juliana's birthday is probably over on the east coast, so hope it was very happy and fun!

Peggy