ROLL CALL ( LURKERS TOO!!!!!!! )

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
jennyb
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: January 1980 Yamaha RD200 vs 16 wheeler truck, result, 1 totally paralysed right arm. I was 21, now 54. I had no surgery, I don't regret this. Decided to totally ignore limitations (easily done aged 21) adapted very quickly to one handed life, got married, had 3 kids, worked- the effect of the injury on my life (once the pain stopped being constant) was minimal and now, aged 54, I very rarely even think of it, unless I bash it or it gets cold, then I wish I'd had it amputated :) Except for a steering knob on my car, I have no adaptations to help with life, mainly because I honestly don't think of myself as disabled and the only thing I can't do is peel potatoes, which is definitely a good thing.

Re: ROLL CALL ( LURKERS TOO!!!!!!! )

Post by jennyb »

to the top :0)
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

51 year old female recent LBPI injured first of September, 2004. Reside in Livingston, LA (south Louisana)
So glad I found this website.
RottieJan

Post by RottieJan »

welcome, annette! sorry you have to be here.

i only found the boards 3 - 4 weeks ago, but they have been amazingly supportive and helpful. check out the "last question...i promise" thread i started for tips on doing things with 1 hand. i've been muddling through for almost 2 years bfore i found this great group. i'm right tbpi.

hugs,

jan
lizzyb

Post by lizzyb »

About time you crunched these numbers for us ay Jen? Come on, no excuse! Kids are back in school now...err aren't they??

Liz x ;0)
RottieJan

Post by RottieJan »

bump it up!

jan
Rocket Ray

Post by Rocket Ray »

Hi Everybody!! My name is Ray. I have a bpi due to a car crash in Jan, 87. I originally was in a coma for 33 days. I have relearned about everything, but have limited mobility in my right arm. I plan to look into seeing if there is a way to help me gain mobility again or if the window of oppurtunity has elapsed.
My girlfriend Linda found this site and pledged to help me with whatever I need. Linda also researched and found that the Mayo clinic has a bpi unit and my insurance would probably cover most of it.
I was told long ago that I damaged C4.
pacer-mom

Post by pacer-mom »

i have bpi left arm and hand from pacemaker surgery thanks,pacer-mom
Danzia

Post by Danzia »

i'm gillian, have left bpi & ulnar neuropathy since 2001. i was studying piano performance at a conservatory when a sound-proof door came off its hinges and fell on me. luckily i have no avulsions and have some use of my arm. just haven't been able to play since.

this forum has been a huge help to me since i joined a few weeks ago. you are all so strong and supportive.

RottieJan

Post by RottieJan »

hi gillian, welcome. i'm sorry to hear of your accident - that must have been devastating!

don't know about the others, but the only reason i stay strong is because of these boards and the people on them.

looking forward to hearing more from you. feel free to vent any time =o)

hugs,

jan
Danzia

Post by Danzia »

thanks jan, i appreciate that. if you ever need anything let me know :)