New development in pain relief

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
Moirap

New development in pain relief

Post by Moirap »

Hi everyone
I have just done some follow up on a news item shown here. In Brisbane, Australia, at a company named Xenome they are currently working on a new pain relief drug designed specifically to target neuropathic pain. It is said to be 1000 times more effective than morphine and have no side effects. It comes fron the venom of a conefish. Clinical trials are underway and trial on humans are set to begin in the next 12 to 18 months, which seems like a long time away but isn't really. I rang the company to see if there was a list to go to register for the trials, but as yet there ins't. The person I spoke to was very aware of the depths of neuropathic pain and was very optomistic about the work being done. I feel really excited at the thought of BPI pain being alliviated for so many people. I will pray harder that the scientists and researchers are successful in developing this. Wouldn't it be fantastic to be pain free. Sean is still not responding well to anything and is not looking after himself, but hopefully he'll turn the corner soon. He is lacking direction and has lost hope about a career that he will find motivating, challemging and satisfying. Anyway, at least this news might give him hope that his life will be OK. I wish that he would visit UBPN and talk, it would be so great for him.
The site to visit for further information about this breakthrough is www.xenome.com
God bless you all
Hopeful Mum
francine

Re: New development in pain relief

Post by francine »

As you learn more about this or when it becomes approved can you let us know again? [we might forget!]

I am interested in this for my mom who has severe neuropathy.

Thanks for posting this - it will give a lot of people hope!

-francine