Dr. Phil needs us

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
dmom

Dr. Phil needs us

Post by dmom »

Hi, all:

I just happened to tune across Dr. Phil yesterday. I heard him mention he is trying to do shows on "epidemics that no one talks about." So I looked on his site and he is seeking folks who have had "medical mishaps."

I know we have all talked about Oprah before, but here is another opportunity to get the word about BPI out there. Considering his large female audience, I think BPI would be a great topic. Any takers? Here's the link:

https://www.drphil.com/drphilplugger/te ... D140200001

Janet
admin
Site Admin

Re: Dr. Phil needs us

Post by admin »

This sounds like a great idea, I hope others are willing to do it!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Maybe post this on the adult message boards too? I always wonder how I would explain to my daughter I put her on TV because of her arm, the adults can at least make a choice. I know it is for a good cause, but so many older kids I have heard say they would HATE to be on tv for this reason, I don't feel right using my child when she isn't old enough to choose for herself-this is national TV.
Great idea, hope the message gets across and I don't mean to discourage others, these are just my thoughts.
dmom

Post by dmom »

What a great idea! I will post it on the other board. Thanks for the suggestion.

Janet
Tanya in NY
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I am Mom to Amber, injured at birth. I serve on the Board of Directors for UBPN, and am a labor/delivery nurse, too.

Post by Tanya in NY »

I've sent my note to Dr. Phil. I never heard back from Oprah, so maybe collaboratively we all can get Dr. Phil to recognize this injury publicly!

Tanya in NY
Tanya in NY
Amber's Mom, ROBPI, 13 years old
Ginne

Post by Ginne »

I figured "hey what the heck" and typed in Missy's story. With the number of people that watch the Dr. Phil show, maybe if one of our stories are aired it will help the next parent who goes into labour know exactly how to prevent this injury or let those out there who have BPI's know they are not alone.

Ginne
rbbp

Post by rbbp »

ihave scent him a email this is a very good idea.
Salina
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Just wondering, has anyone heard anything back from the Dr. Phil show?

I think it is great that several of you wrote! Thanks for helping to spread awareness.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Every time I type something up and send it, there is a red note at the top of the screen saying there was a problem sending it. The little red note is hard to find and the screen looks like it sent it so watch out for this.
phaliscak

Post by phaliscak »

I don't know guys. Dr. Phil does have the uncanny ability to turn things around. I can't see him having his show without the other side being there to explain themselves away. We would need to bring the "big guns out" to represent our side to the max. It would be like being in trial all over again. It's just my opinion, but to me just walking in ourselves with our life stories, our children, our feelings would be like walking into a execution line. If we do go forward with this we need to be COMPLETELY prepared to defend ourselves. That means medical proof and legal representation. You know the other side will.

Patty