New Roll Call

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
dpoganik
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: my daughter Dani born 4/2000 with a robpi. She had a humeral osteotomy Jan. 2005 in boston with Dr. Waters.

Re: New Roll Call

Post by dpoganik »

Dawn - mother to Danielle 4yr old ROBPI
Pauline

Post by Pauline »

I am Pauline, mum of Ryan (9) , Eleanor & Lauren (8 year old twins) and Josh (5) who has RBPI, and diagnosed this year with Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy.
We live with my partner Trev here in England, UK.
dunnfamily

Post by dunnfamily »

hey everyone, Amber here from the dunnfamily. Sean is my husband and we have two little rascals- Tyler 2 (ROBPI) and Maddie 9 months. We live in the northern panhandle of florida or hurricane alley we call it of lately. This site has been a blessing since I discovered it 6 months after Tyler's birth. I come here every week to listen to ya'll-listening to other people going through the same thing really keeps me grounded when I really feel like freaking out over Tyler:)
MegBalcom

Post by MegBalcom »

Hi, my name is Meg, my husband is Rusty and we are parents of Cody who will be nine months old on November 4th, who has Brachial Plexus injury to the right arm, are heading to Texas Childrens Hospital on November 3rd, for the Mod Quad surgery, we live in Fleischmanns, New York, near Woodstock.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hello, I'm Sandy, wife of Brad and we have 3 great kids, Delaney (7yrs) Austin(6yrs) Brenley(4yrs) and she has a LOBPI. Brenley has had the primary, secondary and caps surgeries. We live in Oklahoma. Please know each and everyone of you and your families will forever be in my prayers. God Bless
beckandj

Post by beckandj »

Hello, My name is Becky. My husband, Jeremy and I live in Maine and have a 5.5 y.o. son, Matthew and a 3 month old daughter Kiersten. Kiersten was 11 lbs 2 oz at birth and she has RBI. We have been to Boston to see a neurologist and we are doing therapy and she has to wear a split at night to keep her wrist straight.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Bump This up, Please
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Post by Carolyn J »

Hello All, I am age 66 and have LOBPI and only learned a name for this 2 yrs. ago and found UBPN Message Boards on;y in April 2003.The Medical Resource link helped me with the articles on Pain Issues we adults have. I learned alot of helpful things I can do to help. AND not to mention the help of sharing & support I get on the Message Boards!There really is no stuupid question. You will fingd that most adults on the adult message boards have a good sense of humor AND I consider humor as the best survival skill I have next to curiosity to learn & read all I can.
Thanks everyone.
Carolyn J
Carolyn J
Adult LOBPI
rachelcasa

Post by rachelcasa »

Hello, I am Rachel, 33 years of age with LOBPI. I had surgery with Dr. Nath a year ago. I love this site.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi, I'm Stephanie, mom to Nathan, 2 yrs 8 mo (ROBPI) and Eric (9 wks). So, we are VERY busy at our house right now, but I try to keep up to always be reviewing best therapeutic and medical practice and make sure I'm at least sort of on the cutting edge to help my son as best possible! As of yet he's had no surgical intervention, but may have secondary surgery to help his shoulder joint as some point. We live outside of Philadelphia, PA.