What to expect with Botox

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
Medlin

What to expect with Botox

Post by Medlin »

In the near future, Zoe will be receiving Botox injections. What should I expect imediatly after she is given the shots? Will she be able to move her arm normally? Will it cause her lots of pain? Her shots will be in her sholder hopefully to help with winging...Any experience would be helpful!

Thanks
Melissa
admin
Site Admin

Re: What to expect with Botox

Post by admin »

If you can get a hold of the last issue of Outreach (you can email nancy@ubpn.org to request a copy) there were two articles pertaining to Botox.

Kim
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

hi, i mistakenly thought botox was an instant fix. my chils has a severe contracture, she was missing 80 degrees, we did botox to her bicep then casted her. She has gained around 40 degeers( awesome!!!!!). But i thought it would be an instant cure. It actualy takes 3-5 days to kick in and it lasts ~ 3 months. We may try another round.Good luck!!
myhumanrevolution
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Son with ROBPI Global

Post by myhumanrevolution »

Hi!

Douglas got botox at 6 months. It takes awhile for it to work... While the injections may hurt (like most shots do), afterwards Douglas didn't experience any discomfort.

HTH and feel free to e-mail with more questions

Jennie
jennie-brad@hvc.rr.com