primary surgery /4 month old baby

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
rbbp

primary surgery /4 month old baby

Post by rbbp »

Hey just have a question does anyone know what could happen if i dont get my daughter surgery she is 4 months and has primary surgery nov3.
what will her arm do ?
I know every injuery is differ but is their any sujestions she has erbs palsy and has waiters tip.
Shannon03

Re: primary surgery /4 month old baby

Post by Shannon03 »

Salina, I really hope to see you tomorrow at UCP. It would be great to finally meet and share some information.
Shannon
claudia

Re: primary surgery /4 month old baby

Post by claudia »

I joke with my kids all the time that "my crystal ball is broken again today." And I will offer that to you, as well. NOONE can tell you what will or will not happen if you do surgery or don't.

If you are questioning surgery...is it the facility you are worried about? Are you concerned that you didn't get a second opinion or a third? This surgery is not life-saving, you child will not die if you opt out, so postpone, until you can talk to another doctor.

I will tell you, our daughter's arm was flail at 4 months, so we did surgery. If you have seen some recovery and want to wait another month, then reschedule. If you are scheduled for surgery at 4 months, I will assume that your child has a severe injury.

This is a decision that only you can make. The doctor's can't make it for you. When a doctor says "he/she needs primary surgery" it is not an order, it is an opinion.

Good luck, you can email me if you like,
claudia