New Roll Call

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
admin
Site Admin

New Roll Call

Post by admin »

Ive noticed there are some new people here posting in different places. Its hard to keep up with whos-who. So lets ALL introduce ourselves.

I am Priscilla, mom to James age 12-RTBPI.
cherie_hohertz

Re: New Roll Call

Post by cherie_hohertz »

Great idea!

I'm Cherie, mom to Sarah (almost 2 - ROBPI), and wife to Jason. We live in Arlington, TX.
Medlin

Post by Medlin »

I am Melissa Medlin, wife to Jeramy Medlin, and mother to Nolan 15 months, and Zoe 2 1/2 who has a ROBPI.

This is a great idea!
2kids4us

Post by 2kids4us »

We have a beautiful baby girl, 1 1/2 years old, robpi.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I’m Julie and I have been a lurker on the boards for the last year.
My husband and I have a beautiful daughter Libby who is 14 months old, ROBPI and has had an amazing recovery.
Thank you to everyone who posts, it has helped us to get through this last year.
Tanya in NY
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I am Mom to Amber, injured at birth. I serve on the Board of Directors for UBPN, and am a labor/delivery nurse, too.

Post by Tanya in NY »

Hello all. I'm Tanya, mother to Amber (ROBPI) who will be 2 in November. I'm also mom to Casey (9 1/2 years old). We (including my husband, Sean), live in Upstate NY.

Tanya in NY
Tanya in NY
Amber's Mom, ROBPI, 13 years old
JessicasMom
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: 10 year old Jessica born on 9/6/03 with a LOBPI.
Mostly recovered, no surgery, still has remaining functional deficits
including no active external rotation.

Post by JessicasMom »

I'm Michelle, mom to Jessica, 13 months old (LOBPI)
katep

Post by katep »

Kate, mom to only child Joshua 8.5 months old, LOBPI. Joshua had probably C5-C8 and possibly T1 involvement; C7-T1 recovery by 2 months old, biceps (hand-to-mouth) at 5 months old, surgery free so far but secondary surgery is likely in the future.

We are currently watching and hoping for deltoids to kick in; otherwise, nerve transfer surgery sometime this year is a remote possibility to try to get some signal to the delts. According to Dr. Waters this surgery has "variable success" with "variable indications" for who should have it... not exactly what you want to hear about a surgical procedure :(

I deal with the stress of waiting and not knowing what will come in and what won't by obsessively researching anything remotely applicable to my son :)

Kate
mylittlemj

Post by mylittlemj »

I am Lisa, mom to Michael age 5 1/2 months-ROBPI.