ROLL CALL ( LURKERS TOO!!!!!!! )

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
Susie Kaye

Re: ROLL CALL ( LURKERS TOO!!!!!!! )

Post by Susie Kaye »

Hi Sandy

In 5/00 I had a car accident and received some of the same injuries that you had. Not all of them but enought that I'd like to chat with you. I'm 52 now. If you're willing, my e-mail address is: sbrogers@cox-internet.com. Hope to hear from you soon.

SusieKaye
jennyb
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: January 1980 Yamaha RD200 vs 16 wheeler truck, result, 1 totally paralysed right arm. I was 21, now 54. I had no surgery, I don't regret this. Decided to totally ignore limitations (easily done aged 21) adapted very quickly to one handed life, got married, had 3 kids, worked- the effect of the injury on my life (once the pain stopped being constant) was minimal and now, aged 54, I very rarely even think of it, unless I bash it or it gets cold, then I wish I'd had it amputated :) Except for a steering knob on my car, I have no adaptations to help with life, mainly because I honestly don't think of myself as disabled and the only thing I can't do is peel potatoes, which is definitely a good thing.

Post by jennyb »

to the top-I'll crunch numbers again soon, been a bit busy. If you're new or have never added yourself to this list, give it a go. I periodically add the numbers up and list by nationality and cause of bpi, it makes interesting reading :0) The last number crunch was a page or so back, have a look....
horsie

Post by horsie »

Micael Hosford - right arm BPI motorcycle accident 8th may 2004. Best site I've found.
njacoby499

Post by njacoby499 »

Hello Everyone!!!

My name is Natalie and I'm from Tennessee. My son will be two in October and has a LOBPI. I am new to the forum discussions. I plan to remain active in the discussions.

jennyb
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: January 1980 Yamaha RD200 vs 16 wheeler truck, result, 1 totally paralysed right arm. I was 21, now 54. I had no surgery, I don't regret this. Decided to totally ignore limitations (easily done aged 21) adapted very quickly to one handed life, got married, had 3 kids, worked- the effect of the injury on my life (once the pain stopped being constant) was minimal and now, aged 54, I very rarely even think of it, unless I bash it or it gets cold, then I wish I'd had it amputated :) Except for a steering knob on my car, I have no adaptations to help with life, mainly because I honestly don't think of myself as disabled and the only thing I can't do is peel potatoes, which is definitely a good thing.

Post by jennyb »

Back up again for newbies :0) I'll do the count again soon, last count 2/3 pages ago....
Wes

Post by Wes »

hello DEBILYN my name is Wes i am new to this site and i think it's AWESOME!!!!!! I to had a tree fall on me june 6 2004 i have right arm brachial plexus. i am scheduled for surgery in november, it sounds like they are going to graft nerves from my legs to repair upper trunk of my arm. I am also from PA as well. I am sorry to about your husband i hope and pray everything went well for him and he is doing great with recovery.
RottieJan

Post by RottieJan »

hi all,

Jan, 43, F, just outside Toronto, Canada, RBPI due to 2 idiot doctors - 1 at a prominent cancer hospital in toronto who neglected to tell me that radiation therapy under my arm could damage the nerves there - and 1 "neurosurgeon" (i use the term lightly) at another supposed "good" hospital in toronto, who said he couldn't tell from the mri if the tumor had returned and needed to do exploratory surgery. i have since found out that tumors are clearly visible on mri's. also, signed the waiver papers with my RIGHT hand morning of surgery, woke up unable to move even my fingers. 2 year anniversary coming up on nov. 26.

just found these boards and glad i did. is there a message thread anywhere to help me deal with this emotionally? i'm just tired of pretending everything is fine and i'm adapting well.

have been told by doctors that i can't work for 3 years - need to wait to see if nerves recover at all. not really - can wiggle fingers but not grip.

i'm bored, broke and single, live with my senior mother (who is recovering from a multiple fracture in her left leg) and 2 senior dogs (my life and sanity savers).

i probably won't post alot - i used to type 110 wpm - but i will be lurking. feel free to email me anytime.

regards,

jan
Sam/Adam

Post by Sam/Adam »

It is so wonderful to have found this message board. Adam has a left TBPI from a motorcycle accident on 10/30/03. We live in Mobile, Alabama USA.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I'm Jennifer, 36, left tbpi 16 years ago, bike vs. truck. no improvement since then in mobility,severe pain ever since with little relief. Rancho Santa Margarita, CA. God bless you all!
ishtardnce

Post by ishtardnce »

like many others here: motorcycle accident. september 2000. faceplant on pavement at 35mph. fullface helmet. no broken bones. guess i bounce good. :-) LTBPI, with no avulsions. ---greta