Playing XBOX with one hand is possible

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
Andrew

Playing XBOX with one hand is possible

Post by Andrew »

I know there has been a few posts in the past about playing video games with one hand. Well XBOX does work with one hand and there is no need to buy a special one handed controller. I am even better than my brother at some games and he has two arms. I am a RBI so i don't know if this will work for those of you who are LBI i imagine it is pretty the same. i'll try and explain it the best i can, if anyone wants me to email them some pictures feel free to ask. Or if someone has a web site that they have and can put the pictures on i'll email them to you. Okay first thing you do is hold the controller to the side of your leg so that the two pointed ends are touching your leg. Then position the controller so that your thumb is touching the color buttons. use the palm of your hand to use the joystick. If your hand is positioned properly your middle finger should be able to touch the RIGHT BUTTON(which is located on the back of the controller). Your pinky should also be able to touch the LEFT BUTTON(also located on the back of the controller). Hope the instructions make sense.

Andrew
Eric

Re: Playing XBOX with one hand is possible

Post by Eric »

ive got a game cube because im a nintendo die hard... some good games that are easily adapted to one-handed play are TIGER WOODS PGA TOUR!! possibly the most addictive game ever (no problem playing two handers either), super monkeyball.. also a good game, super smash brothers, bomberman generations, and godzilla.

also, there is a one handed controller for the playstation.. not so convenient but good for slower paced games, also you can get an adapter to use with any of the big 3 systems
i collect oldschool videogames coz of the simplicity of the controllers.. maybe give mike tyson another try in punch out for the NES.. its still great
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Actually I would appreciate if you did send me the information. Recently my nephew had his right arm aolmost completely severed and will most likely never regain use of his arm. I would appreciate it if you send some instructions and pics my way thanks.

SavageMind
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Dear Jamie & Gina,

Glad to hear your one of my gang. Really into PS@ but finding playing one hand hard at times. Trying to stick to strategy games. But have to admit ordered Grand Theft Auto new one to be released in October. Would be really interested in where you ordered your controller from. I have searched a few places so far but not luck as yet. Jamie please let me know regards Michael
lizzyb

Post by lizzyb »

Andrew, I would be very happy to upload any pics you have using the Xbox one-handed to the TBPI-Group website. You can email 'em to me at liz@tbpi-group.org

We have a bit of info about one-handed games controllers on the TBPI-Group website, http://tbpiukgroup.homestead.com/one_ha ... llers.html but it would be an enormous help to people if they could actually see someone using a controller one-handed :0)

Liz B
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi! My son James is 11 and RTBPI. We never taught him how to play games with his left hand, he just kinda picked it up on his own. He does pretty good with it too.
Too Much Metho

Post by Too Much Metho »

yer, with one hand I can appreciate Xbox games that normally you'd play for 5 minutes and realize they're too easy/stupid :)... The technique you've described sounds weird, but I better give it a go just for Halo2. Although I haven't played a Playstation since 1996 or something, I'm sure you'd get away with it too. And I'm way too old to play Gamecube.

I'm terribly addicted to ESPN Basketball. With a steering wheel Rallisport 2 and V8s can keep me occupied, but even pretending to be a car driver kinda makes me uncomfortable... However I find it so much easier with a wheel, and can see why less adept road users choose it in real life. Gun games like Silent Scope and HotD3 rock, but only if you've got the gun :)
Eric

Post by Eric »

TIGER WOODS 2005 IS OUT RIGHT NOW!!!
Paulo

Post by Paulo »

I Andrew !

Great stuff !,, can you send some pics how it works?
my email is black_octopus@yahoo.com
I have to make a major update on my page
www.geocities.com/paulo_go

Many thanks
Paulo G
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Hi,
I will email the pics to whoever requested it but it probably won’t be until at least a couple of weeks. At the moment I am at university and I don’t have a camera. So I will have to wait until I go home for Thanks Giving (The Canadian One). Thanks for your interest.

Andrew