1 Year Post Op

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
m&mmom

1 Year Post Op

Post by m&mmom »

Matthew is one year post op from the anterior capsule release. We saw his mri results this morning and his joint looks outstanding.

Cindy
Tammie

Re: 1 Year Post Op

Post by Tammie »

this is great, cindy! i know you could jump for joy!
Kath
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I am ROBPI, global injury, Horner's Syndrome. No surgery but PT started at 2 weeks old under the direction of New York Hospital. I wore a brace 24/7 for the first 11 months of my life. I've never let my injury be used as an excuse not to do something. I've approach all things, in life, as a challenge. I approach anything new wondering if I can do it. I tried so many things I might never have tried, if I were not obpi. Being OBPI has made me strong, creative, more determined and persistent. I believe that being obpi has given me a very strong sense of humor and compassion for others.

Post by Kath »

Great news Cindy thanks for sharing.
Matthew must be so happy
Kath
Kath robpi/adult

Kathleen Mallozzi
dmom

Post by dmom »

Cindy:

That's wonderful news! How great for Matthew.

Janet
Tanya in NY
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I am Mom to Amber, injured at birth. I serve on the Board of Directors for UBPN, and am a labor/delivery nurse, too.

Post by Tanya in NY »

Yahoo! This is wonderful news!

Tanya in NY
Tanya in NY
Amber's Mom, ROBPI, 13 years old
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Yeah for all of you! Awesome news :)
m&mmom

Post by m&mmom »

I forgot to add, I have the pre and post op mri's on my web site.
www.franklinfamilybpi.com under the Capsule Release link at the bottom of the page.

Cindy
Tanya in NY
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I am Mom to Amber, injured at birth. I serve on the Board of Directors for UBPN, and am a labor/delivery nurse, too.

Post by Tanya in NY »

Cindy, I looked at the MRI pictures, and wow, what a remarkable finding! This is testimonial in itself. We're considering this same procedure with Dr. Kozin in Philadelphia, and these images bring a smile to my face!

Thank you so much for posting these images!

Tanya in NY
Tanya in NY
Amber's Mom, ROBPI, 13 years old
Jenny

Post by Jenny »

So glad that Matthew's joint is doing well after the surgery. I saw those MRI pictures. How did you guys get the pictures on the website. We just had a MRI done and the hospital put all the images in a CD. The CD has its own program for us to view the images, but we cannot print or copy the images.

Jenny
katep

Post by katep »

You can always do what I do when I want a digital pictcure and don't have a scanner or can't save to a file... take a digital picture of it!

If you get the lighting right, it is really hard to tell the difference :)

Kate