Looking for new career

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
jacko

Re: Looking for new career

Post by jacko »

I went back to teaching after my BPI. All I had to do was learn to write with the non-dominant hand.

As a hobby, I have taken up SCUBA diving, welding, and woodwork. Welding is easy one-handed, all you need is lots of spring clamps and magnetic angle-setting jigs. If I was good enough I might have taken it up as a profession. Jordan could teach welding at a college.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Looking for new career

Post by admin »

Hi BPGirlfriend, I suffered a BP injury back in 1999 where I lost the use of my (Predominant) right arm. I worked in the Aerospace industry as a production Planner, this consisted of mainly computer work using Planning software/Presentation software but also involved alot of meetings and walkrounds talking to people. I was unfortunately made redundant shortly after returning to work so then tried other employment sectors ie. Defence Comms, Construction and Water Treatment - all successfully.
I do feel for your boyfriends predicament but nearly every industry needs a Project Planner of some sort and most companies do supply a good level of support for Disabled employees.

I wish good Luck in whatever your boyfriend does.