Brag Post

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
JessicasMom
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: 10 year old Jessica born on 9/6/03 with a LOBPI.
Mostly recovered, no surgery, still has remaining functional deficits
including no active external rotation.

Re: Brag Post

Post by JessicasMom »

In the past month, my 11 month old, Jessica, has started to touch the back of her head, clap, and supinate about 10 degrees past neutral!
Avery's Mom

Post by Avery's Mom »

Not a BPI brag but my daughter is 2 1/2 and asked to go to the potty today!

We're kind of on a down-hill right now with the BPI stuff so I'm celebrating her other achievements!!!

Thanks for the opportunity to be greatful!

Bonnie
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Post by Carolyn J »

OK!! Let's celebrate EVERY achievement and milestone with a noisey parade around the house and share on this Brag Board. It does help us all, believe me...
Carolyn J
Carolyn J
Adult LOBPI
cinanina

Post by cinanina »

Sebastião is 6 months and is ROBPI. He is now sitting down by himself for long times, I haven't really counted the time, but some minutes. He took his bath today almost all the time sitting down by himself and holding himself with his BPI arm to the side of his bathtub while splashing the water with the left arm. I thought that was cute and good exercise! His arms and hands are almost the same colour now and he is raising his arm a lot more to the front but still not beeing able to bend the arm by himself. He is also using his right hand quite a lot with the help of the left hand, to bring to his mouth or to hold objects, which I find really great to watch. His scars are also getting less visible each day and they were looking pretty bad.
It feels great to see him improve every day.
Noahsmom

Post by Noahsmom »

Great to hear all the positive news.

Noah is almost 18 months and ROBPI. In active play,he will catch himself with his right arm and use his right arm to push up on. This is new for him the past few weeks. Yea!

He is still delighted with swinging both his arms up over his head or out to the side to give me a big hug (love that!). These are new movements since his mod quad four months ago.

Maggie
Tracey

Post by Tracey »

Cherie,
That is wonderful!!! I am so happy she is making progress! I will keep ya'll in my thoughts and willsee you next month. Hopefully she will be doing better than she is right now!

Tracey