Political Outreach for the In Touch Committee

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
BarbH

Re: Political Outreach for the In Touch Committee

Post by BarbH »

I'm going to talk to my Mom today about lending a hand. She's in PA...I'll let you know by tomarrow.
Barbara
angryparent

Post by angryparent »

Tina,

Thanks and welcome aboard!!!

We could really use your help in Ohio!

I look forward to working with you!

Sincerely,

John Anthony Ferrado
angryparent

Post by angryparent »

Barbara,

Anything you or you Mom could do would be of great assistance. Pennsylvania is a big state, so we'd welcome any and all participants.

Just have your mom email me her info at crow63@yahoo.com if she would like to get involved.

Thanks again!!!

God Bless,

John Anthony Ferrado
Kath
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I am ROBPI, global injury, Horner's Syndrome. No surgery but PT started at 2 weeks old under the direction of New York Hospital. I wore a brace 24/7 for the first 11 months of my life. I've never let my injury be used as an excuse not to do something. I've approach all things, in life, as a challenge. I approach anything new wondering if I can do it. I tried so many things I might never have tried, if I were not obpi. Being OBPI has made me strong, creative, more determined and persistent. I believe that being obpi has given me a very strong sense of humor and compassion for others.

Post by Kath »

Moving this up to the top for those who have not had an opportunity to see this post or volunteer to help

KathM@ubpn.org
Kath robpi/adult

Kathleen Mallozzi
BarbH

Post by BarbH »

How's progess with this comittee? I haven't head anything since June.
angryparent

Post by angryparent »

Hello all:

My sincerest apologies for not providing any updates up to now. Unfortunately, I have been extremely wrapped up in personal matters which have prevented me from making the type of progress that I wanted to, however in resolving to do this without haste, I decided to hold off until I could get some clarity within my own life at this point.

Basically, the issues encumbering progress on this effort are:

1) Purchasing a new home
2) Attempting to sell our current home
3) registering my 2 older children in new schools
4) helping out my retired parents with a disabled grandparent who is now bedridden
5) Balancing work and home life througout the entire process

Now, having said that, I am about to submit my original drafts to the UBPN board, and will update everyone once these drafts are approved.

Lastly, I want some opinion on the timing of this effort. This is an election year. The elections are not far off. So my question is, should we go ahead and begin this effort ASAP, or should we wait until we determine the results of the elections? I've been stressing over this topic, and don't know exactly which option would create an opportunity for best response. What do you all think? I really want to know.

Anyway, more updates as they come. Again, thanks to all of you for volunteering.

God Bless,

John Anthony Ferrado

dmom

Post by dmom »

John:

You've been busy! Wow! Glad to hear you're back in the game.
As far as timing during an election year ... well, silky pony John Edwards is a trial lawyer who does seem to like birth-injury cases (gag).
Seriously, if some of the people we contact aren't re-elected, the info may be lost in the shuffle. Maybe we should wait until the first of the year to make our move. Doesn't Congress reconvene in January?
Also, did you receive those articles I sent? I got worried once I found out you moved!

Take care,
Janet
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I agree about waiting until Congress reconvenes. But we certainly can use this time to get organized. Thanks for your efforts and good luck with all that you are involved in right now. Sounds like you have a lot on your plate.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I just read your post and would like to help. Please let me know what I can do. I live in California and can be contacted via email at tinaarvizu@hotmail.com
angryparent

Post by angryparent »

Janet,

Thanks for the input. Yes, I did receive those articles, and I thank you for them. Because we're so close to an election, I think that we should hold off from hitting our elected officials with the barrage that we have in mind. I'd rather be effective than early, and as you said Janet, we'd be wasting our time if we inundate someone who may not even be in office in a couple of months. So we are not likely to start sending letters and making calls until December. This certainly gives us more time to organize.

In the meantime, I will be focusing on content, and continuing to recruit volunteers from across the nation.

I have not yet moved, but that should change by late August. I will certainly keep everyone abreast of my progress, both personally and on this effort.

Thanks to all,

John Anthony Ferrado