Site Admin

Re: ROLL CALL ( LURKERS TOO!!!!!!! )

Post by admin »

Im Tina. ATV accident almost 6 yrs ago
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I went to your web site in March 2004 after by daughters Brachial Plexus Nerve was severed by mistake during surgery. I now go to it every day to see the latest postings. Thanks for being there, my daughter and I appreciate it.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I went to your web site in March 2004 after by daughters Brachial Plexus Nerve was severed by mistake during surgery. I now go to it every day to see the latest postings. Thanks for being there, my daughter and I appreciate it.
jennyb
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: January 1980 Yamaha RD200 vs 16 wheeler truck, result, 1 totally paralysed right arm. I was 21, now 54. I had no surgery, I don't regret this. Decided to totally ignore limitations (easily done aged 21) adapted very quickly to one handed life, got married, had 3 kids, worked- the effect of the injury on my life (once the pain stopped being constant) was minimal and now, aged 54, I very rarely even think of it, unless I bash it or it gets cold, then I wish I'd had it amputated :) Except for a steering knob on my car, I have no adaptations to help with life, mainly because I honestly don't think of myself as disabled and the only thing I can't do is peel potatoes, which is definitely a good thing.

Post by jennyb »

Bumping this up to the top.....thanks to all who have added your details, i'll do another add up soon :0) The last one's on page 24 of this thread if you haven't seen it.
Take care Jen NZ
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi to all out there, my name is Fernando I am from Ensenada, Mexico and unfortunately I join the club. I had a dirtbike accident, crashing head on with and other biker comeing in the opposite direction. This happend in November 2002 and left me with a LBPI. As everybody know this is not easy but hang in there and my best wishes.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

My name is Priscilla. Im from North Carolina. My 11 year old son, James had a 4-wheeler accident on November 22nd, 2003.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Sorry, forgot to add, James is RTBPI.
gabe

Post by gabe »

My brother has a new BPI May 2004. Still looking for the best way to fix it. If anyone has time to call me that would be cool. (512) 750-9389. He was injured in motorcycle crash. I have had people tell me Dr. Nath is the best. He cant move his arm out from his side, but has all his movement below his elbow. thanks gabe
sanchezracing73@yahoo.com
(512)750-9389
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

ltbpi 30 yrs ago happy to answer any questions
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Is Karlos in Bradford still there?...What a lot of threads to read!

I'm yet another BPI from motorcyle accident! In August 2k, me + Yamaha R1 hits silly woman parked in "fast"? lane of Motorway with a puncture! Right arm paralysed,compound fracture Tib +Fib,Fractured pelvis,right wrist,right elbow,trapezium left wrist, Pulmonery embolysm and MRSA (hospital super bug which delayed nerve graft op for a month)
op details :Complete rupture of the upper and middle trunks of the plexus.Nerve grafts carried out from both sural nerves and medial cutanous nerve of the forearm. grafts were inserted from C6 to the lateral head of the median nerve,from c6 to the musculocutaneous nerve and from C7 to the Posterior cord.The spinal accessory nerve was transfered to the suprascapular nerve via a graft.

Operation not really a success but I do not suffer the pain that a lot of bpi's do so i count myself lucky.

And i still ride a motorcycle : Honda Hornet with left throttle, reversed brakes and a race Quickshifter.

Good luck to all bpi's with ops past, present and future.

I just wish they had not crushed that right arm of Arnie's in Terminator..What a Waste!

Terry, Northants U.K