bpi/winged scapula

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
admin
Site Admin

Re: bpi/winged scapula

Post by admin »

hi my husband have same kind of problem since 6 years .this year is been realy bad if you have find any help please let me know . thanks
Congo

Post by Congo »

I had the Pec Transfer done to solve my winging problem. I had it for 3 years when I finally demanded that Workers Comp allow me to have a consultation with Dr. Warner at Mass General Harvard Shoulder Service. They finally approved the surgery and I had it done in March 2004. presently in Therapy.
Congo

Post by Congo »

Mike if I may, Check out Harvard Shoulder Service in Boston.
james

Post by james »

Hi

I would be very interested to know more about how your recovery went as i'm currently on the waiting list for the same surgery.

James uk
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Can a Chiropracter help with a thoracic nerve problem/winged scap!? Will PT eventually help it or am I just making it worse? Shuold I get on a plane and fly to $%&*@# texas for surgery with NATH!!? This SUCKS. 4 weeks now and pain has intenified, my thoracic nerve in the rib cage area throbs with pain, my scapula feels like a knife is in it,is winging and I know its dieing,and now my right arm is going numb and hurts like hell. Does anybody have any answers or input, the docs here sure dont.:(
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Can a Chiropracter help with a thoracic nerve problem/winged scap!? Will PT eventually help it or am I just making it worse? Shuold I get on a plane and fly to $%&*@# texas for surgery with NATH!!? This SUCKS. 4 weeks now and pain has intenified, my thoracic nerve in the rib cage area throbs with pain, my scapula feels like a knife is in it,is winging and I know its dieing,and now my right arm is going numb and hurts like hell. Does anybody have any answers or input, the docs here sure dont.:(
Karl w/ a K

Post by Karl w/ a K »

Mike,
Yes. Do whatever it takes. Fly to Texas, New Orleans, Mayo Clinic...The UK...whatever it takes bro...Thats what I did and I never regretted it...Karl...
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Karl, where did u go for help and are u ok now? No one understands the grave situation that I feel I am in. are u totaly healthy? What happend? Please let me know everything.
-mike
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I was wondering if any one out there has had figured out anyway to relieve the pain associated with a winging scapula? My boyfriend had a football injury and he had a nerve compression and a winging scapula he had the surgery with Dr. Nath last Oct.and he relieved the compression, but the scapula didn't get any better. He is in terrible pain and has gotten depressed. He has considered trying to use growth hormones to try to get the muscles stronger, but with all of the side effects I don't know if this is the way to go. He has found no relief in anything he has tried and the pain is now worse than before the sugery. If any one has any ideas out there please let me know. Anyone out there with some ideas, please help, kmatteo2@nycap.rr.com
james

Post by james »

Hey

I have had this compliant for what seams like a life time, any how I have had a nerve de-compression but with no good results and I’m currently on the waiting list for a muscle transfer to hopefully stabilise the whole area and put a kind of end to my pain and discomfort.

The only thing other than pain killers was some strong surgical tape used by my physio therapist, she put four strips about 250mm long two going over my shoulder blade pulling it back and a further two going across. This I found gives me some support.

May help?

James