Tbaby's Update

This board is for adults and teens to discuss issues relating to BPI since birth (OBPI).
TINA-T

Tbaby's Update

Post by TINA-T »

Thank you all for your kind words and concern first of all.

I got all my results back from being electrocuted by my stove and ALL is good news !!!!

The Neuro says I am just "dizzy" haha Actually he said I had fried some brain cells and the residual effects would wear off sooner or later (which they finally are).

The pain in my BPI arm has finally gone back to the hell hole it came from and I feel I am definately on the road to recovery !! Of course smoking and drinking myself into oblivion at the SuperBowl party helped loads I'm sure..... :) GO New England!!!!

After all the trauma I have been going through I took a little "time out". So yes, Kath, I am back in high gear again !!!!

One thing that I have noticed lately from being a lurker and not a poster is this....................................

WHY are we all apologizing for posting on any given board??? We all need to get over this stigma/shit of being our board their board....my board your board hahahahaha Everyone is welcome here and I hope that I am welcome everywhere else.

Peace and Love and It's good to be back and painless (well as painless as I ever get :) :) )
hazell

Re: Tbaby's Update

Post by hazell »

hey glad all is ok.......well your back to normal whatever that means lol.

i think folks feel uncomfortable now posting between boards, it suddenly just happened. not sure how many guys were asked if it would be a good idea or not, no discussion if this would be best? unless i was just asleep at that point. i read this one sometimes & a lot of the issues i see time & time again are relevant to me with a bpi. neck problems, overuse (or underuse!!) earaches etc etc.
ok tina you know im a hypochondriac lol.

we always acknowledged that there is different issues with obpi, tbpi but i reckon there are also more similarities. from a personal point i dont see the point in segregating the boards cos you get a divide, maybe better to put up separate info for obpi/tbpi on the homepage. but as stated thats just my opinion.

if the boards had been separate from the start i probably would have never been to michigan:) or had to put up with daily grief via email from you:) dam ubpn why didnt you do this years ago lol:). you know im only joking!!

anyway glad the pains subsided keep up with the self medicating take care hazel
jennyb
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: January 1980 Yamaha RD200 vs 16 wheeler truck, result, 1 totally paralysed right arm. I was 21, now 54. I had no surgery, I don't regret this. Decided to totally ignore limitations (easily done aged 21) adapted very quickly to one handed life, got married, had 3 kids, worked- the effect of the injury on my life (once the pain stopped being constant) was minimal and now, aged 54, I very rarely even think of it, unless I bash it or it gets cold, then I wish I'd had it amputated :) Except for a steering knob on my car, I have no adaptations to help with life, mainly because I honestly don't think of myself as disabled and the only thing I can't do is peel potatoes, which is definitely a good thing.

Post by jennyb »

hi there tbaby....luvly to see you as always! glad you r keepin up with the pain meds!

yes, it's easy to say post anywhere but the boards were seperated because some peeps wanted it that way, i'm always aware of that when i post here and it kind of makes it harder to post. i think a lot of the tbpi don't even read it, i don't if it's just a quick visit, don't have time for 2 boards. haze, i read the earache thing too, boy yes at least one bad earache a month in winter since the bpi...try manuka honey its the business, speshly as they dont hand out antibiotics like sweets any more, it works quicker too! hope yr hangovers gentle on the bpis tbaby
lizzyb

Post by lizzyb »

heheheheh!!! glad yore feelin o.k. t-baby!! and no permanent damage done...lucky..! ;0)

...keep up with the pain meds; of ALL kinds.. ;0) ..sorry I haven't been in touch for a while..been busy busy busy non stop-one-crisis-after-another sorta thing...but things gettin slowly back to normal. We should all get together soon...cya later luv; liz xxx
George

Post by George »

Wonderful news you are o.k. T. Say.......I'll swap you a bottle of jam for a bottle of meds...LOL. O.K..........two bottles of jam.

Sincerely glad you didn't suffer something more serious Tina. Sometimes problems with getting shocked can show up later. Glad this wasn't the case for you. Been missing the morning funnies :o)

George
Kathleen

Post by Kathleen »

Does this mean I will be getting my morning JOKES>>>>>>??????????

Later YA YA
Kath
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Heeeeey T-baby thats great you're still improving after that shocking (sorry!) experience, only slightly loonier than before too, how lucky can a gal get?? Take it eeeeaaasssy! :O)
Joy in FL

Post by Joy in FL »

What a relief to find out your are just "naturally dizzy" LOL It can be a hard day when the medical community confirms what we have always suspect about ourselves! :-)

I really am glad that you are feeling better and there will be no lasting effects from your ordeal.

As far as the boards... I have never been real good with boundries so it never occured to me that I could not post/read where ever I wanted! Guess that is the youngest child syndrome coming out in me! I also don't really understand what the apologizing has been for either. Everyone regardless of the injury has a perspective or insight to this injury. You can't always "lump" or label us into pretty little packages. Needless to say I do about as well with labels as I do boundries! LOL
Joy in FL is now living in Georgia!
Left TBI on October 31, 1991
Kathleen

Post by Kathleen »

Joy.... That is definately a youngest thing....LOL...

I am with you... As far as boundaries... well I don't have any body boundary on the right side so why should it be on the boards....

I like having all three boards... I don't think it should be a problem for anyone..... and I jump in when ever I feel I want to... ok that is the baby of the family thing.... LOL... Wait am I missing something... does that mean I can't move around the boards... or turn the pages as Tina calls it... LOL... too late I think most of us have already... LOL

As for tina being Dizzy... well.... thats what she get for making with the pots and pans and not calling the local take out..... LOL....

Kath
jennyb
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: January 1980 Yamaha RD200 vs 16 wheeler truck, result, 1 totally paralysed right arm. I was 21, now 54. I had no surgery, I don't regret this. Decided to totally ignore limitations (easily done aged 21) adapted very quickly to one handed life, got married, had 3 kids, worked- the effect of the injury on my life (once the pain stopped being constant) was minimal and now, aged 54, I very rarely even think of it, unless I bash it or it gets cold, then I wish I'd had it amputated :) Except for a steering knob on my car, I have no adaptations to help with life, mainly because I honestly don't think of myself as disabled and the only thing I can't do is peel potatoes, which is definitely a good thing.

Post by jennyb »

sorry perhaps i didn't put it well enough in my previous post....i always have and always will post when and where i want. but some obpi were clearly not comfortable sharing a message board with tbpi and i feel i must respect that. As far as i know no tbpi asked for the board seperation or care who posts on that board, so post away and welcome. but when i read a post on this board about the seperation saying 'i feel safe now' i have to hesitate before posting here-i don't want to upset anyone and it seems all too easy. If everyone was happy with tbpi posting here, why would the boards have been seperated?