ROLL CALL ( LURKERS TOO!!!!!!! )

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
TooLheader

Re: ROLL CALL ( LURKERS TOO!!!!!!! )

Post by TooLheader »

Leon Drake 30(just) from Farnborough UK BPI since April 5th 2002, my Aprilia taken ou by woman in BMW 4 months in hospital taking solace from this board
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi--I am Loralie from Washington State. In July 2002 I was walking with a friend and a bicyclist ran me down from behind--an accident I am sure--didn't see/wasn't paying attention/whatever. Hard to believe that could cause skull fracture, several facial fractures, broken clavicle (resulting in left TBPI) and numerous broken ribs...but it did. Fortunately, my BPI is relatively minor compared to most folks posting on this site.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Have left bpi and right arm and shoulder amputation since Aug 02. Got caught it PTO shaft of a post hole digger on our tractor. We live on an isolated cattle property. Medical help took 2 hours to get to us, but I survived.
jennyb
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: January 1980 Yamaha RD200 vs 16 wheeler truck, result, 1 totally paralysed right arm. I was 21, now 54. I had no surgery, I don't regret this. Decided to totally ignore limitations (easily done aged 21) adapted very quickly to one handed life, got married, had 3 kids, worked- the effect of the injury on my life (once the pain stopped being constant) was minimal and now, aged 54, I very rarely even think of it, unless I bash it or it gets cold, then I wish I'd had it amputated :) Except for a steering knob on my car, I have no adaptations to help with life, mainly because I honestly don't think of myself as disabled and the only thing I can't do is peel potatoes, which is definitely a good thing.

Post by jennyb »

well, it's been a while!
Latest numbers;
total tbpi on this thread 148 94 males 51 females
3 unspecified
Many, many more have posted on other threads but I only count those who add their names here, or I'd go insane. OK, insaner :0)

Causes are similar to last number crunchings with motorcycles still being the number one cause, car accidents and surgeon error next. These 3 are way ahead of the range of other causes, which are pretty diverse....

Causes where specified

Motorcycle accident 60
Car accident 21
Surgery (iatrogenic injury/surgeon error) 14
Pedestrian hit by car, train, taxi, etc 7
Bicycle 4
Snowmobile 3
Quad bike 3
Tree falling 2
Airbag 2
Powerboat accident 2
Gunshot 2
Fall 2
Horseriding 2
Snowboarding 1
Skiing 1
Ski lift 1
Tumor 1
Throwing softball 1
Knocked over by dog 1
Overuse at work 1
Tractor/posthole digger 1
Sign falling 1
Wall falling 1
Bus accident 1
Climbing accident 1
Waterski accident 1
Jetski 1
Playground accident 1
Football 1
Watching movie 1
Exercise bike fall 1
X ray equipment falling 1

Nationalities (where specified)
USA 90
England 21
Scotland 4
Ireland 1
Isle of Man 1
Australia 1
New Zealand 2
Canada 4
Jordan 1
Italy 1
Portugal 1
South Afica 1
Singapore 1

Thanks all who have joined the roll call so far. If you want to be included please add your details, I'll keep crunching as you guys keep signing on.
Hi to all my old friends and welcome to new ones, and to the parents of injured kids who pop up on here. I don't add the kids to the list here but you guys are always welcome :0)
Take care all Jen NZ
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

nice work Jenny !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Paul
Richard P

Post by Richard P »

I am Richard P from New York and I have a left BPI due to a fall while I was attempting to elude a swarm of yellow jackets. I dislocated my shoulder and got stung about 50Xs in addition to the BPI.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Just found this site today! I live in northern Minnesota. i have left tbpi from a motorcycle accident in July 02. i had surgery in oct 02 at Mayo clinic in Rochester and have had really good results.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

To the top...
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

My 7yr old daughter has a RTBPI from a car accident in Oct. 2002. I am always looking for new ideas to help my daughter.
Donna B

Post by Donna B »

I'm a Lurker-- my son Blair has a RTBPI due to a car accident 12/19/03. Surgery scheduled for May 7, 2004 @ Mayo Clinic. We are from South Florida, car accident was in Orlando, he was a college student.