Topamax Side effects!!!

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
admin
Site Admin

Re: weight loss

Post by admin »

Has anyone just lost inches or weight. I am on Two hundred mg a day for bi-polar plus recieving ect. treatments. I also am foggy headed and hacing tingling in hands and feet, having flue like symptoms, loss of hair, and no menstral cycle, which is also medically impossible. Please someone help.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Topamax Side effects!!!

Post by admin »

I just started taking Topomax and have been on it for about a month. I have been having problems with my hearing just as you have mentioned. I am seeing my doctor in 2 weeks and I will mention this to him. Have you found out anything? I'm willing to go off the drug to correct my hearing if that is what's causing it. I have had weight loss and it's helped my migraines, but I'm not willing to sacrifice my hearing.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hey! I just recently started taking Topamax for migranes...I'm on about 25mg everynight for two weeks and then after that I'll be on it for 50mg everynight for two weeks (and gradually increasing until my doctor gives me an update.) I've noticed a huge desire for food (which seems odd to me considering a side-effect is "loss of appetite") Also I'm very irritable! Is anyone else experiencing these symptoms?

XoXo!
*Amanda*
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I started on 50 mg of Topamax for neuropathic pain about two weeks ago and it really helped the pain. I have not had to take but a couple of motrin for the pain. I have lost about two or three pounds and cannot drink soft drinks or eat chocolate, which i a te on a daily basis. However, the side effects that I had in the beginning were extreme fatigue and heaviness and weakness in my legs, it was difficult to walk up and down the stair in my home. I would leave work early and go home to sleep a couple of hours before my children got home from school. That did get better within a few days. Now I go to bed about 9pm and wake at 3:30 am and can't go back to sleep so I get up and go on to work. But for any of you ladies out there, have any of you had a yeast infection from this medication. I took this medication last year for a mild mood disorder and had to stop because it gave me a terrible yeast infection that would not go away. The nurse at the pain care clinic told me this was not a side effect, but I know on some of the sights it is listed as one and from experience. I like not have the intense neck and shoulder pain, but the side effects and long term use of this medication really scares me. I think I am going to have them do a nerve block so I can get on with my life and to heck with their drugs.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I too am on 100 mg per day now ( I break it up into 4 25mg pills taken 2x per day ) i also take it for chronic daily headache and migraines. I have now been on it for 3 months and have been pleased with the fewer migraine results, however I still have alot of daily tension headaches/neckaches. I too was going to ask if a higher dose would help and will let you know what i find out. P.S. Still waiting for that added benefit of weight loss myself, lol.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

my friend takes it for OCD he has 100mg ones and one day i took 4 of them 30 minutes later passed out and forgot who i was when i woke up 10 minutes later when i finally rememberd i opend up a pepsi and it tasted bitter a month later i took 11 and found my self obducted by aleins but later found out it was only the hospital becouse i was walking around speaking jiberish and my parents took my in for a drug test the next day i road my bike too my frinds house naked and i got there i had not even rememberd how i got there but to make long story short i was high for 3 months not to menchion i couldent even tell you my name half the time but that was over a year now and im smart again and alot smarter than before becouse i will nerver mess with those things again
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

My name is Diana, I take topamax for migraine headaches. I am now taking 50 mg. a day & Relpak whenever I have a headache. It doesn't promote weight loss, just appetite loss. My doctor also does blood work regularly because if you don't keep your kidneys flushed out he said it could cause kidney stones. Reading these letters I now know that I am not alone in my memory loss.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I take 100 mg. for muscle spasm in my neck related to migraines. I worked up to that amount starting at 25 mg. I found that working up very slowly, even alternating 50 /75 then 75 /100 helped with the pins and needles. Also, lots and lots of water helped with the numbness and pins and needles and the night sweats or hot flashes. I have mild short term memory loss which I compensate for by having a notepad handy and joting things down as I talk to people and they talk to me. The pain I had before was unbearable, so I'm willing to work with this drug.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I have been taking Topamax for 5wks now.. I am taking it for seizures and migraines... I haven't noticed any weight lose yet. but I am hoping that I will soon... Before I started taking Topamax I was having seizures once or more a day. Since I have started taking the Topamax 5wks ago I have had 1 seizure. This has been a major improvment for me... I was diagnosed with seizures 14yrs ago, I have been through 3 different medications, before the Topamax and none of them has helped...
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

To anyone who has lost weight, did you just lose or did you stop eating? I have been trying to lose weight and just recently started taking topomax for Migraines, right now 5th day at 25mg. So far, no side affects, no changes at all. I increase by 25 each week up to 100mg. Does it take awhile to stop your headaches?

Thanks!