myotherapy

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
muzik2407

myotherapy

Post by muzik2407 »

hello,

is anyone doing myotherapy? if so, can you share your experience?
Francine_Litz

Re: myotherapy

Post by Francine_Litz »

myotherapy is great... it was one of the first things I learned in school... it truly works when a person comes with pain issues, I've since modified it a bit over the years and have added reiki and shiatsu intentions to the concept at the same time as working the trigger points...

Maia is unsure about it because before the endorphins are released for pain relief, pain is accentuated so she pulls away. Also - if the source of the pain is structural, it's only a temporary fix which was the case when maia was dislocated and in pain.

In general - I think that myotherapy is great for pain relief and can make a great difference.

nice to see you back...how have you been?
-francine
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Fran, can you explain alittle more about the myotherapy. Was wondering if it is something I could look into for my back. I have alot of pain in my left buttock and leg area. Kind of like a permanent charlie horse feeling in the left buttock cheek...I have been in PT for a year with no real relief from the pain. Is this a type of therapy that the PT has to specialize in. The one I use now is the same one Kyle goes to and she does a lot of mayofacial release on me. How can I learn more??????
Karrie
Francine_Litz

Post by Francine_Litz »

do a google search on myotherapy and you will get to Bonnie Prudden's book.... you can actually learn how to do this on yourself but you can ask PTs, chiropractors, massage therapists if they are trained in trigger point therapy.

If you were only closer......

-francine
Francine_Litz

Post by Francine_Litz »

Karrie in MD.

Post by Karrie in MD. »

Thanks Fran, I did read up on Bonnie's site. Have you heard of ETPS? Electrical Trigger Point Stimulator. Kyle's old PT (the one who moved to Florida)she is now using this in her practice and gets very good results. She is going to try it on me whenever she comes for a visit again. Sounds like the same philosophy just uses electrical currents instead of manual pressure. It was developed by a doctor down in FL...Bruce Hocking if my memory serves me right. Would love to get a hold of one of those stimulators. Thanks and take care.
Karrie