Back from surgery

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
Susana

Re: Back from surgery

Post by Susana »

Andre don't worry about it that is normal and part of the process. How about the funny smell under your armpit, jut kidding. Every day you will find that you can do more and more things. As I told you before from the day of the surgery everything goes up hill. I am glad C8 and T1 are not avulsed like mine. I hope you don't have burning pain in your hand. God bless you.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Ted, What was the extent of your injury and where did you have the surgery, also how old are you

Steve
diargasm

Post by diargasm »

What about the numbness in my pinky & ring finger? Is that temporary?
belllap

Post by belllap »

hey,

assuming you're talking about the numbness in your good arm...

what I remember (for me they used a contralateral C7) was numbness in my thumb and forefinger; that was temporary. did you have a cont. C7 in your operation?

john
diargasm

Post by diargasm »

no, im talking about my bpi arm. They took part of my ulnar nerve to make the bicep work. I'm no doctor, but from the images I've seen the ulnar nerve ends up in those 2 fingers.
diargasm

Post by diargasm »

Karlos, are you able to write & type with the other arm now?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Dont want to dash your hopes but altho iv got movement and some strength the dexteraty aint brilliant,i can change gear on a car and use a fork but thats about it

ps i cant type with me good arm!
diargasm

Post by diargasm »

How likely is it to damage the nerve they grafted after surgwery. What should I not do to prevent it from happening?
belllap

Post by belllap »

how hard is it for you to change gears? do you use your BPI arm to shift or to hold the wheel?

thanks,
john
belllap

Post by belllap »

diargasm,

do your physical therapy that the docs percribed for you. for example, one thing they told me was that my arm couldn't be raised forewards and sideways ___ degrees for the first ___ months following surgery. after a few months, they raised that number of degrees. The nerves were not yet strong enough to handle any more range of motion than the docs had perscribed. I am not telling you the specifics of what I was supposed to do half because I don't want you to immitate them and half because I cant remember exactly!

john