14 year old son

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
tlowens

14 year old son

Post by tlowens »

My 14 year old son has a BPI with Erb's Palsy. This is a difficult time in his life, and was wondering if there were other teens out there who would like a pen pal or perhaps adults that could answer questions for him........I would greatly appreciate it. He is a tough kid.......but I have heard him say several times "I feel like the only one like this" Any help would be greatly appreciated.
admin
Site Admin

Re: 14 year old son

Post by admin »

I am 14 too! I have a right BPI and i know how your son is feeling. I have dealt with it my entire life, but lately it has really felt like its holding me back a little more than it used. The feeling of being the only one is one i am VERY familiar with. I am going down to Texas Childrens hospital in april to have a surgery and hopefully get more use of my arm. Tell your son to hang in there and to PLEASE e-mail me if he has any questions or wants to talk! ~Ruthie~
Karrie in MD.

Post by Karrie in MD. »

Ruthie,
I have a 6 year old son, we will be at TCH April 14th for surgery. When is yours scheduled and what are you having done?
Karrie
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Karrie,
I am going to TCH on the 5th of april to for the clinic with Dr. Nath. I am not for sure the surgery i am going to have, i will know once i go down there. Based on my video they said that i was acandidate for the mod quad. What kind is your 6 year old having? thanks for the reply! ~Ruthie~
tlowens

Post by tlowens »

Julia.........My son is named Josh as well.....and he is in the 8th grade......I will definitely give him your Josh's address......THANKS
tlowens

Post by tlowens »

Ruthie,

Thanks so much for your reply........are you comfortable sharing your email address, so Josh could contact you?? Thanks again,
tammy
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

My daughter is 9,and she wants to have surgery also.I'm glad to hear that surgery is an option.I keep hearing about it being done on babies.Good luck.