We settled our lawsuit. I only hope that I did

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
Gayle

We settled our lawsuit. I only hope that I did

Post by Gayle »

the right thing by Alaina. It was a tough decision but from what I understand lawsuits w/brachial plexus injuries are hard to win.

I pray that I made the right decision. Of course is it not enough but it is something for her future.

Gayle
Gayle

Re: We settled our lawsuit. I only hope that I did

Post by Gayle »

We settled this Thursday and I have to go back and see the judge w.in a month.

Alaina had the 3 D catscan and did not have to be put to sleep. She was a very brave little girl who was scared but did not move. She got candy afterwards!

Gayle
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

How long did this lawsuit take you? HOw old is your child? I am happy for you. ANn
Francine_Litz

Post by Francine_Litz »

Gayle,
big hugs,
two hard things are now over,
francine
lmungin
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: My name is LaTeesha, our son suffered a LOBPI in January, 2002. He has received two surgeries, botox, ongoing therapy, and recently recommended for a third surgery.

Re: Lawsuit Phases/Stages

Post by lmungin »

Good Morning,
Just wondering if you can give me some advice on the stages they go through. We've contacted two attorneys so far. Unfortunately, one of them said that the dr. followed procedures and there wasn't anything he can help us with. The other is looking at the records and stuff, he's had them since Thanksgiving and we haven't heard anything yet.

D.J. is making progress. He goes to OT twice/week, E-stem twice/day, and ROM at-home daily. He has some scapular winging. The E-stem has helped per his therapist. He has a left arm injury. We need suggestions/advice/opinions/help/support.

Talk to you soon,
Teesha
Wife to Doug
Mom to D.J. (1-20-2002)
Gayle

Post by Gayle »

We almost gave up on ours. But through the grace of God we found a great attorney. Don't give up hope but realize that there is a time limit to file.

What state do you give birth in?

Gayle
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Some people talk to several lawyers before they find one. Don't give up yet! I have a two friends that were turned away by 6-8 before finding one who took on their case.