people come & go!

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
mikeyb

Re: people come & go!

Post by mikeyb »

Yup Karlos, I've become the lurker. Still I'm of the same mind as Jenny about this board. I try to answer questions for the newly injured peeps. I'm not around as much as I used to but I still read most of the posts.

I used to log in here everyday but after awhile it go to be too much. So now I just pop in from time to time and make sure you kids are playing nice.

As always you peeps can mail me at mikeyb@execulink.com

Take care, Mike :)
mikeyb

Post by mikeyb »

Sorry Heather, can't help with the tendon transfers as I wasn't a good candidate for it. Others here who have had that done seem to report good results fairly quickly.

Take care, Mike :)
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks Mikey,
We aren't looking forward to more surgery. The last lot we arent aware of any great change yet...that was 10 months ago. I suppose it's still early days. Have to keep telling myself that!
Thanks again
Heather
Dave m

Heather, tendon trans

Post by Dave m »

http://ubpn.org/messageboard/thread ... thread=708

I hope that's a link to a post on here thats a few pages back now (tendon transfers rule by karlos) - Karl and Athos recently had that surgery im sure they'll update you so you know more of what Rob can expect (hows it going a month down the line guys?). And you're welcome here of course, wasn't it you who posted about THAT T-shirt?? made me laugh anyways! :O)
jennyb
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: January 1980 Yamaha RD200 vs 16 wheeler truck, result, 1 totally paralysed right arm. I was 21, now 54. I had no surgery, I don't regret this. Decided to totally ignore limitations (easily done aged 21) adapted very quickly to one handed life, got married, had 3 kids, worked- the effect of the injury on my life (once the pain stopped being constant) was minimal and now, aged 54, I very rarely even think of it, unless I bash it or it gets cold, then I wish I'd had it amputated :) Except for a steering knob on my car, I have no adaptations to help with life, mainly because I honestly don't think of myself as disabled and the only thing I can't do is peel potatoes, which is definitely a good thing.

heather.....

Post by jennyb »

.....i hate it when a post doesn't get answered, looks like a slap in the face....i can't answer q's re surgery except in a general way coz i had none but please never feel you aren't welcome because u aren't the sufferer yourself, and it's great to see Robbie posting elsewhere too! One day we'll ALL meet up, wow what a party!
Heather S

Re: heather.....

Post by Heather S »

Thanks Jen,
Maybe I was just being daft, fed up at the time I wrote. It is nice though to get a reply when you ask . The guys havew been great this time though.
Thanks
Heather
cathy@ubpn.org

Post by cathy@ubpn.org »

I know that feeling too. Can't tell you how many times I've posted something and no one responds. I may be the president of UBPN, but I'm a member of this community too!!

From what I've seen, it seems that people post a response to a medical question when they feel fairly confident that they have useful, accurate and helpful information...whether or not this is ACTUALLY useful, accurate and helpful information, may be another issue, yet it may represent "why" and "when" people respond to a particular post.

No one wants to misguide anyone. Maybe we should start getting in the habit of responding as Jenny did..."I don't have specific knowledge about...", and with that type of post, at least the poster is acknowledged in his/her post.

There is a great sense of urgency within the bpi community regarding the need to obtain medical assistance immediately following an accident, obstetrical or otherwise, resulting in a bpi. From what I've seen and heard, for those in the non-obstetrical bpi community who are "adults," suddenly and seriously injured, being the one who is financially responsible to care for self and/or family, while focusing on one's own recovery and treatment, become the focal points of that person's life. For these folks, the sense of urgency to gain access to information is uniquely heightened, and understandably so.

With this in mind, UBPN will be focusing on this aspect of the non-obstetrically injured during its meeting later this month. Thank you for your feedback and please continue to email me with your thoughts. They've been most helpful.

Sincerely,
Cathy N. Kanter, President
UBPN, Inc.
Dianna williams

Post by Dianna williams »

i' one of those that come and go :)
i check in everyonce in a while to see what is happen
but since Errett has full recovery back, it seems i dont take the time any more, but i do try to visit at least 1 a month.
i may not post but i do check in