Starting to bring hand towards mouth in a sitting position!!

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
twinsxx2+one

Re: Starting to bring hand towards mouth in a sitting position!!

Post by twinsxx2+one »

Carson and I are so happy for you both. We are just beginning cereal and everyday I watch for the left to follow his right to the mouth! We wish you much more progress before March!!

Jamie and Carson
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks Jamie!!

I'm so happy that Carson had his surgery and it's over with!

I'm hoping and praying you see nice improvements soon!!!

I will keep you posted.

Dani
Brooke

Post by Brooke »

Hello my name is Brooke. I am 12 and currently have Erb's palsy in my right arm from birth. When I was just a baby I hadn't even moved my arm until I was 2 months old. One day I was in my chair and I moved my arm up and down! My mom says it was one of the best days of her life! It's sort of like when your son started to move his arm.
Dani B

Post by Dani B »

Hi Brooke!

Thanks for responding!!

How are you doing?

It is SO very exciting when you even see the littlest movements!! I think every parent of a child with a BPI knows what I mean by this.

I think that Jason is a very determined little guy, and that he is going to keep progressing. I see little improvements every few weeks or so.

Thanks again Brooke!
Sonia

Post by Sonia »

Congratulations. My daughter Kendall started doing the same thing when she was that age. She was about 3 1/2 months. It was so exciting because she was scheduled for primary surgery in February but they sent us home! Kendall is now 3 and has had no surgeries to date although there is some residual problems. We still have her in Therapy once a week so that we can stay on top of any problems that may surface. I haven't been on the boards for a long time, but I seen you Good News and had to respond since it sounds similar to Kendall's situation.