Im back from surgery.

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
Debra

Im back from surgery.

Post by Debra »

Hello everyone, I'm sorry that I haven't posted. The doctor said no computer for a while. Anyway, Im feeling better. The doctor said that it should take me from 3 - 6 months to recover from the surgery and that the brachial plexus should take another year to heal. Im glad I had the surgery because when the pain does come back, its not near as intense as it was before the surgery and it comes and goes now, instead of a constant. I have more good days than bad, and the bad days are not near as bad as before the surgery. So, I guess Im right on schedule for healing. Id better not stay long. It still hurts to type right now, more later when feeling better.
Thanks for all the prayers.
Debra
MsPinkShop@aol.com
bigsel

Re: Im back from surgery.

Post by bigsel »

Well done Debra, what kind of surgery did you get? i suppose it does'nt realy matter as long as you heal at the end of it all. I'm glad your pain is a lot better than before, i'm the same i have bad days & good days, I'm also waiting to go in for op aswell but it's only to get a shoulder fusion. It's just to make my arm a bit more comfy, It's great to haer somebody is going to heal after surgery, so all the best Debra hope everything goes well for you.

take care
bigsel, scottish tbpi
George

Post by George »

Good to hear from you again Debra.....and so glad your surgery has helped, and that you are feeling better. Rest up........spring is on the way !! :o)

George
Joy in FL

Post by Joy in FL »

Great to hear from you Debra! I am also glad to hear you got some relief. When I had my surgeries they mad the comment to me that, "We can't fix this but we can give you a few more good days mixed in with the bad." I feel they did that for me. Sounds like they did the same for you!

Take it nice and slow.

Joy
Joy in FL is now living in Georgia!
Left TBI on October 31, 1991
hazell

Post by hazell »

hi debra, glad your getting some relief. what surgery did you have. & positive vibes it heals soon

hazel
lizzyb

Post by lizzyb »

Good to hear of a positive result Debra! When you feel up to it, maybe you could tell us what surgery you have had..meanwhile, take it easy...get all your friends and family to pamper you!! ;0)

best wishes...Liz x
jennyb
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: January 1980 Yamaha RD200 vs 16 wheeler truck, result, 1 totally paralysed right arm. I was 21, now 54. I had no surgery, I don't regret this. Decided to totally ignore limitations (easily done aged 21) adapted very quickly to one handed life, got married, had 3 kids, worked- the effect of the injury on my life (once the pain stopped being constant) was minimal and now, aged 54, I very rarely even think of it, unless I bash it or it gets cold, then I wish I'd had it amputated :) Except for a steering knob on my car, I have no adaptations to help with life, mainly because I honestly don't think of myself as disabled and the only thing I can't do is peel potatoes, which is definitely a good thing.

Post by jennyb »

good to hear the pain has improved debra, makes life sooooo much more bearable. Can't remember what surgery you had, so keep us posted when you feel up to it and meanwhile take care. All the best Jen NZ
Kathleen

Post by Kathleen »

Great to hear that you will have some relief... Hope the surgery is a great success and they expect the pain to decrease...

Happy healing... rest up so that you will soon be up and on the computer again.
Kath
Bridget

Post by Bridget »

Welcome back, Debra! So glad to hear that you have some pain relief and that all went well with your surgery. Best of luck on your recovery!

Bridget