Just sorta lookin' on...

This board is for adults and teens to discuss issues relating to BPI since birth (OBPI).
Steve L.

Just sorta lookin' on...

Post by Steve L. »

Hello to all, my name is Steve Loudermilk (log in name is Steve L.), for those who've never been subject to my ramlin'. I would like to take the time to say "hello" to one special lady, Kathleen. "Who loves ya' baby?" She is the first person I've ever been in touch with that was just like me. After 34 yr.s no less.
I'm big, pissed off, redneck from N.C.. I've had the shit beat out of me, just because of my OBPI, many times over the last 35 yr.s. But I'm still a happy srew-ball just the same. SO many people could learn from our resolve.
I just wanted someone to know I'm still here.....
jennyb
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: January 1980 Yamaha RD200 vs 16 wheeler truck, result, 1 totally paralysed right arm. I was 21, now 54. I had no surgery, I don't regret this. Decided to totally ignore limitations (easily done aged 21) adapted very quickly to one handed life, got married, had 3 kids, worked- the effect of the injury on my life (once the pain stopped being constant) was minimal and now, aged 54, I very rarely even think of it, unless I bash it or it gets cold, then I wish I'd had it amputated :) Except for a steering knob on my car, I have no adaptations to help with life, mainly because I honestly don't think of myself as disabled and the only thing I can't do is peel potatoes, which is definitely a good thing.

Re: Just sorta lookin' on...

Post by jennyb »

yo Steve, REALLY NICE to see you again, mate! Where ya been? How you been? We missed your posts, once again great to see you back :0) Jen nz
Kathleen

Post by Kathleen »

A great Big Hi from me to you Steve...

Glad to see you are still around...

As for being beat up... me too until I decided that I was going to fight back... LOL... so since I was little for my age I just developed the mouth muscles...LOL... that way I always won.... LOL....

Except with my brothers... I had to get a chair to stand on to fight back...

I am glad to see your back on the board maybe we can get some chatter here...
Everyone wanted a board and now not posting so much... hmmmmmm guess it the winter blues... LOL...

Redneck... oh no... and me a yankee as Judy T calls me.... LOL....
Lots of Yankee moving to NC for better weather...
we send the senior citizens to Fla. with Judy...

Please keep jumping in... we missed you

Kath
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Steve,
I am 51 years old, left OBPI.
I never had a fight over the OBPI before...were people picking on you because of it or what?
I know people can be rude, insensitive, ***holes, about this injury at times,but this sounds terrible.
The thought of someone getting beat up over this is too much!
If you're willing and want to share one of those experiences, this would be the place to do it!

Also, I want to say, "Hi Kath! Remember the days when your kids were home and you were working, too (ugh!)?
Endless loads of laundry, cooking dinner after work, collapsing at 8:00pm? That's why I hardly post...eyes are falling out of my head by night time! But I still come here to read 'em everyday....keeps the spirits up!
I'll try my best...ZZzzzzzzzz.LOL! Love you!"-S.

Take Care everyone,
-Stephanie
Steve L.

Post by Steve L. »

Jen, sorry 'bout missin' ya' on da' shout out yo.
**My daughter hates when I talk like, so I do every chance I get.**
I didn't think you would be on this board. You're TBPI, right?
I sorta' like the changes but for some reason I feel so....segregated.(Burr, it's cold!)
I've been hangin' out, drawin' stuff and taxin' the crap outta folks in Burke Co..
"I'm the Tax Man, Yeah I'm the Tax Man..."
Been Missin' you guys, haven't much to say. Just readin' ya'lls lives and havin' a beer or 12.
I think I'm aimin' to stay in touch, gettin' kinda' lonely.
If ya' from Mikey, tell I'm back. Have ya' heard from Ryan?
When I read ya'lls posts, it seems like I can feel your smile.
That goes for Kath too. I'll be around...
jennyb
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: January 1980 Yamaha RD200 vs 16 wheeler truck, result, 1 totally paralysed right arm. I was 21, now 54. I had no surgery, I don't regret this. Decided to totally ignore limitations (easily done aged 21) adapted very quickly to one handed life, got married, had 3 kids, worked- the effect of the injury on my life (once the pain stopped being constant) was minimal and now, aged 54, I very rarely even think of it, unless I bash it or it gets cold, then I wish I'd had it amputated :) Except for a steering knob on my car, I have no adaptations to help with life, mainly because I honestly don't think of myself as disabled and the only thing I can't do is peel potatoes, which is definitely a good thing.

Post by jennyb »

hey steve you can post where you like, maybe you should post on the tbpi board too coz i know many of those peeps never read this board, and i know some who'd be glad to say hello to you. i only came here because i saw your name and thought hey!!!!!! over there i think we all just feel like we've got a bpi, how we got it aint really relevant. segregation only exists if u let it & you are more than welcome any time :0)
TINA-T

Post by TINA-T »

Welcome back Steve
Have one for me will ya :) That was nice what you said about feeling our smiles :)

I couldn't agree more, even tho now it's twice the typing to say hello and howdy to both boards. That's OK, i never think of it as segregation either.......just turning the pageeeeeeeeeeeeeee back and forth to visit with all my friends.
Kathleen

Post by Kathleen »

Tina

You have a way with words... and they are words fit to print in public... LOL....LOL... ok at least this time...lol..

Louise I do the same thing... nice to see you here...

Steve Your the tax man.... LOL... I love the way you put that... live here in NY we have taxes that have taxes.... lol....lol.....lol....
we just pay em and move on....
kath