treatment at Hopkins

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
patata

treatment at Hopkins

Post by patata »

Hi,

For all those that are getting treated at Hopkins, I was wandering how you got to be a patient there? When I call they tell me that I have to have a referral from my doctor. Is this true? Or have you been able to be self referred?

Also, I know that Belzberg is a neurosurgeon and am not sure if I need surgery so do I call the dept. of neurology or a rehab doctor?

Any guidance is greatly appreciated.

Thank you
david wilson

Re: treatment at Hopkins

Post by david wilson »

patata
call Dr B's office at 410 955 5810 and ask for a consultation. My experiance with the office was that they were very knowledgable staff that wanted to help. Hope all goes well as Dr B does only BPI's at the #1 hospital in the nation. Red Wilson in WV
admin
Site Admin

Re: treatment at Hopkins

Post by admin »

My daughter was a patient at Hopkins 12/02 for spinal fusion surgery.
If you are being told you need a referral, they are probably referring to the parameters set by your insurance carrier, so call them for an explanation. Many (ins. companies) will require a referral, but in some cases you can just call the department you wish to be seen in and they will have you come in on open clinic day with your records. You will have a long wait, so bring a book. The treatment is well worth the wait in the Neurosurgery department.