travel from laguardia to philadelphia

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
Tami

travel from laguardia to philadelphia

Post by Tami »

I have been in touch with a mom from South Africa who is coming for primary surgery in Philadelphia for her 1 year old daughter. She has been able to get donated tickets to get to the u.s. She needs to get from La Guardia airport or that area to Philadelphia. The major airlines that donate free tickets don't fly that route.

Is there any type of train or something that she can use. Or if anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.

I am checking into miracle flights but wanted some other options.

Thanks so much,
Tami Schenck
Wings Program chairperson
Francine_Litz

Re: travel from laguardia to philadelphia

Post by Francine_Litz »

US airways is the only major carrier that makes this trip non-stop... there are no major cities inbetween so any airline that also does this - well they might fly to boston to then get to philly - makes no sense..

I think Tami that your best bet for a short flight like this (probably 30 mins or so) would be Angel Flights with a private pilot. Look at my site for the listings of those with a private pilot.

The only other way is to get a limo or a shuttle service. There are many that drive that route daily - but I don't know if any of them do gratis work.

good luck,
francine
tcon

Post by tcon »

or they could take amtrak from NYC to Phili. If they are going to Shriners maybe they can help with this leg of the trip.
whitneys mom

Post by whitneys mom »

I have some contact numbers for social services at shriners, they arrange most transportation to and from shriners. Maybe they could help, or even the local Shrine. the one in PHilly is called LOU LOU. I wish you luck with this, and let me know if you need anymore numbers

Amanda

Social Services at shriners 1-800-281-4050 ext 4177
Just ask to speak to someone about transportation
Francine_Litz

Post by Francine_Litz »

tcon - wow - I just wrote Amtrak out of my psyche! We took Maia by train to camp this summer and I guess the ride home made me want to forget it! LOL LOL Can't imagine being bumped around on a train post surgery - ouch.
claudia

Post by claudia »

The only problem with Amtrak is that the train doesn't come into the airport. She would have to take a taxi to Penn Station (in NYC) and then get on Amtrak from there. She might be able to get a bus into the city too, but I would probably take my kid in a taxi.

USAir flies into LaGuardia...they won't discount for that flight???

I, too, would look into private flights, the Marine Air Terminal is right over by LaG and I think there is a shuttle from one to the other...I think private planes fly into the Marine Air Terminal.

If a private pilot would fly, she could also take a taxi to Republic Airport on Long Island...

Let me know if I can help...
claudia
Tami

Post by Tami »

wow, thanks for the information. I am not that familiar with the east coast so I don't know what they have to offer.

Thanks so much.

Love,
Tami